News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 18, 2024, 12:48:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trim piece clarification  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Vgrizzw

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Trim piece clarification
« on: November 30, 2015, 11:51:54 PM »
I'm in the process of fixing up my eagle and I cant find a clear idea of how the trim piece is around the "squid" vents.  I need a radio bezel and a new package tray bc the ones i have have been hacked up.  Because of the hack job i cant tell how the package tray transitions to the steering column (1 piece w/ suid knobs, two pieces?).  Also because of the lack of trim pieces for sale I don't really know what each individual trim item looks like nor can i find clear pictures.  Pictures, knowledge or clear diagrams appreciated.

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Trim piece clarification
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:38:49 AM »
I can take some pictures for you in the next day or two.  It sounds like you have a non-A/C car?  The trim pieces are a little different for A/C and non-A/C cars.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Vgrizzw

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 03:50:19 PM »
It's a/c. Pictures would be helpful.

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 05:22:28 PM »
For what its worth, here are some pictures of the trim in my non-A/C 1981.  In my 1980 with A/C, the piece under the steering wheel looks similar but without the vent on the left.  However, the single squid release is to the left of the under-column piece, on a separate bracket.  Maybe somebody else with a later model AC car can provide some pictures.

1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Vgrizzw

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 12:49:19 AM »
Thanks for the clarification! Now I'm def on the lookout for the "squid knob lower steering column" trim. (:

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 01:00:53 PM »
Be VERY careful with those knobs and cables.  They're delicate and no longer available.  On a side note, I found that I was missing two holes in the lower dash for properly mounting that trim piece.  I think my dash came from an A/C equipped car.  I had to drill them to mount it right.
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline DAVE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 09:06:47 AM »
on my A/C equipped car there is only one squid knob on the left and does not attach to the under steering wheel trim piece
it is mounted in it's own bracket to the left of the trim piece

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk