News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:03:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EGR block-off plate  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
EGR block-off plate
« on: March 12, 2014, 01:16:51 PM »
As BlackBird's been neutered before I got him & has a Holley instead of the original carb. does anybody offer a plate or is it something I need to have custom made? It is disconnected & not doing anything there, figured I'd just take it off since it's just sitting there.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: EGR block-off plate
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 04:35:42 PM »
I keep mine just in case I get a rotten tank of fuel. It's easy to hook up on the Holley still. As for a block off plate, most use a Chev fuel pump block off plate and mod the holes slightly.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 09:22:31 AM »
Thanks Carnuck, I figure I might as well take it off. It's not doing anything, hasn't for years. Was disconnected when I got BlackBird years ago & just sitting there. I'll try to get one of those & see how much modification needs to be done.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline Senor_taco

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • If I replace every part its a new car right?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 02:41:40 PM »
I know this is an old thread but I found this on eBay and bought one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161355956830?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I'll try it out and let you know if it works well or not.
1972 Buick skylark custom convertible
1980 AMC eagle 2 door sport

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk