News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 03:55:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I need Emissions Parts Recommendations for Lifted 1984 Sport Wagon  (Read 2179 times)

Offline jBUSCHHOFF

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Hello All,

Just made a 1000 mile trip after buying her 4 days ago in FL.  Took the wagon to Mechanic to get it on a lift. I don't know if the car ever had a Catalytic Converter but I need to install 1 for state emissions and inspection

Please help with Recommendations for a direct fit catalytic converter and passing emissions.  I rather put better quality parts and have it last.  Please specify Manufacturer and Part Number if you know it and any associated parts I might need to replace.

Thanks

JB
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:02:53 AM by jBUSCHHOFF »
Screamin' Eagle - 1984 Wagon Sport - Automatic
Boy Blue - 2014 Ford Mustang

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: I need Emissions Parts Recommendations for Lifted 1984 Sport Wagon
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 12:43:29 PM »
If you don't have one on there now, the exhaust has been replaced at some point and a direct replacement probably won't fit properly. Any muffler shop should be able to install a proper universal cat. 
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk