News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 09:51:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interest in reproduction parts?  (Read 22687 times)

Offline dleberfinger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Interest in reproduction parts?
« on: April 13, 2014, 08:58:57 AM »
Hello everyone. If you don't know already, I make reproduction rear marker lenses for Eagles. I'm trying to figure out how much interest there is in various reproduction parts, please let me know if you have any interest in any of the following:

Fiberglass/Carbon Fiber spoilers
Front Side Marker lights (any color)
Wagon Hatch Hinges
Door Handles

How many people would be interested in any of those if they were made?

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
Re: Interest in reproduction parts?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:55:49 AM »
SX4 and Kammback rear bumper caps would be on the top of the list, probably even above hatch hinges.
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline ISOAR

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 12:27:46 PM »
I agree! Bumper endcaps for SX-4s and Kammbacks are a high priority. Bumper fillers are hard to come by too.

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »

HI what type of steel would the hatch hinges be made from .............don   
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 02:10:40 PM »
I posted it on the Den's fb page and I'll post it here as well...
All of it sounds good except the door handles since there are jeep handles readily available for our cars and I do agree with the others mentioning the end caps and bumper fillers.
Here's some other ideas:
- side (& possibly rear) louvers 
- front (exterior) sun visor
- (interior) metal sunvisor mounts
- door hinges
Possibly: engine skid plates

Sorry my phone started acting stupid before I could finish my post
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:24:01 PM by MudPuppy »
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »
Interior plastic? Gauge condoles?
I'm still looking at the possibility of of creating a replacement center gauge console but wanted to mention.
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline dleberfinger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 06:45:26 PM »
I would love to reproduce the bumper end caps, however they are too expensive on the off chance that one in good shape would even come up for sale. Unfortunately I can not justify the $500 cost just for the bumpers when my set up costs are going to be that or even more as well.

If anyone has a good corner they would be willing to loan me to use as a starting piece that'd be awesome. But until then, they are on hold.

Hatch hinges will most likely be make out of a cast iron. Most likely ductile cast so they aren't too brittle.

Again with the interior plastics, I don't have any examples to work from. My interior is :censored:.

Offline Billman

• Lurking again
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 07:50:35 PM »
I'm thinkin headlight mounts. I have noticed the heat of the headlights has caused mine to dry out and crack
1982 SX/4
1983 SX/4
1983 wagonProject
1984 wagon DD
1996 Jeep
2007  Caliber
2004 Silverado

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 08:05:38 PM »
I'm thinkin headlight mounts. I have noticed the heat of the headlights has caused mine to dry out and crack

What about the surrounds.. I do have need for some.
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline dleberfinger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 09:23:59 PM »

What about the surrounds.. I do have need for some.

I have given a lot of thought to this one as well. I recently just pulled my headlights out, as in yesterday, and there was a lot of cracking. I had planned to plastic weld them. We will see.

As far as the surrounds go, they wouldn't be chromed like the stock ones. They would have to be painted.

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 11:45:56 PM »
The surrounds are available from that supplier in Mexico.  I would suggest that your efforts be focused on parts that are not available elsewhere.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 12:10:39 AM »
Some members may be interested in the clear turn signals that were used on Concords/spirits
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 08:11:14 AM »
Some members may be interested in the clear turn signals that were used on Concords/spirits

I agree!!  Even for those people that already have them, they usually aren't in the best of shape.  I think there would be a pretty good demand for these.  I have a turn signal that is apart if that would help you in the process.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 11:32:11 AM »
thanks for making anything! My son is about to order some of those side markers from you for his SX4

although mine are still ok at the present I am waiting for my hatch hinges to break at any moment, so I would for sure pick up a set of those from you
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

A-A EAGLE

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 03:47:34 PM »
Mud flaps, Mud flaps, Mud flaps, mud fl.........  :hello2:

Anjo
Holland

Offline dleberfinger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 04:36:03 PM »
Mud flaps, Mud flaps, Mud flaps, mud fl.........  :hello2:

Anjo
Holland

Funny you should say that. I was already well on my way to making them, even had a new in box set of mudflaps ready to borrow to make my molds. However, I was unable to find a suitable material for the job. I could find material that was strong enough to withstand the riggers of being a mudflap, but I couldn't find anything that was also UV resistant. I'm afraid if I make it with a material that isn't there is a good chance it would begin to yellow.

thanks for making anything! My son is about to order some of those side markers from you for his SX4

although mine are still ok at the present I am waiting for my hatch hinges to break at any moment, so I would for sure pick up a set of those from you

Sounds great! When he orders, have him mention the Den and he can get $10 off a pair.

I plan to have a working pair of hinges by end of June at the latest. I need to get my new furnace up and running, once that happens I should be good to go.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 04:39:51 PM by dleberfinger »

Offline BenM

• Thumbs Up 74
  • Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »
The pot metal hinges. It's easy to chrome steel, and that could be left to the buyer.

A nice insert bracket that could be used to mount DIN radios in the old shaft radio position, covering the taller hole the old shaft radio displays had and allowing the radio to sit back a little so it looks stock and not sit in front of the panel. Also, so it would help support the radio a little, even to just support the retrofit cage they come with. It would still require cutting, of course.

I'm sure it's a little out of scope, and I don't have any idea on demand. It's not really a reproduction, either.

NSS#47184

1987 AMC Eagle Sedan -- 1976 Pacer Coupe -- 1968 Pontiac Tempest Custom S -- 1940 Mercury (& a 2002 Jetta Turbodiesel, 5 spd., the Wife's Daily Driver)

Offline dleberfinger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »
The pot metal hinges. It's easy to chrome steel, and that could be left to the buyer.

A nice insert bracket that could be used to mount DIN radios in the old shaft radio position, covering the taller hole the old shaft radio displays had and allowing the radio to sit back a little so it looks stock and not sit in front of the panel. Also, so it would help support the radio a little, even to just support the retrofit cage they come with. It would still require cutting, of course.

I'm sure it's a little out of scope, and I don't have any idea on demand. It's not really a reproduction, either.

I will be needing to make a way to mount a standard radio in my Eagle soon, however I'm not sure if I'm keeping the stock look anyway. This one might not be for me. Thank you for the idea however. If I stay stock on the interior it just might happen.

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 11:37:31 PM »
I believe what Ben is saying is what you are planning on doing. He just happened to use a stock DIN style AMC radio for the picture. But the stock DIN radio would fit any style single DIN radio.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline BenM

• Thumbs Up 74
  • Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 11:06:27 AM »
I believe what Ben is saying is what you are planning on doing. He just happened to use a stock DIN style AMC radio for the picture. But the stock DIN radio would fit any style single DIN radio.

Exactly. Thanks.
NSS#47184

1987 AMC Eagle Sedan -- 1976 Pacer Coupe -- 1968 Pontiac Tempest Custom S -- 1940 Mercury (& a 2002 Jetta Turbodiesel, 5 spd., the Wife's Daily Driver)

Offline DownwardFlame

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 11:54:30 AM »
I would be very interested in a repro. spoiler.  ;D
-1970 Mustang Coupe
-1982 F-150 Stepside
-1980 Eagle Wagon
-1981 Sx4

00-711

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 06:15:48 AM »
Bumper End Caps!

Offline Mernsy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 08:09:18 AM »
I would love to reproduce the bumper end caps, however they are too expensive on the off chance that one in good shape would even come up for sale. Unfortunately I can not justify the $500 cost just for the bumpers when my set up costs are going to be that or even more as well.

If anyone has a good corner they would be willing to loan me to use as a starting piece that'd be awesome. But until then, they are on hold.

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 12:11:26 PM »
I'm heading out to my own personal Eagle wagon graveyard this week probably.

Let me know what end caps you're looking for and I'll see what is worth salvaging. If any are good, you pay for shipping and toss a bone my way if I ever order anything from you ;) . I'll take pictures of them when I go down if any are good.

For that matter, if there are any other waggy parts let me know. 2 are going to the crusher I think.

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 05:04:04 PM »
Black radio bezels.. I need the rubber that goes between the body and bumper too.
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline dleberfinger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014, 10:25:33 AM »
I'm heading out to my own personal Eagle wagon graveyard this week probably.

Let me know what end caps you're looking for and I'll see what is worth salvaging. If any are good, you pay for shipping and toss a bone my way if I ever order anything from you ;) . I'll take pictures of them when I go down if any are good.

For that matter, if there are any other waggy parts let me know. 2 are going to the crusher I think.

Get me any decent corner you find and I'll start with it on making reproduction bumper ends.

SpreadEagle, what parts are you referring to? A photo would be great!

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 01:25:38 PM »
Weren't you interested in reproducing the eagle mud flaps?

Offline dleberfinger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2014, 08:45:27 PM »
Weren't you interested in reproducing the eagle mud flaps?

Yeah, as I mentioned earlier in the thread I wasn't able to find a material that I would be comfortable using. After much searching the only materials I could find that were suitable for the riggers of being a mudflap were not UV resistant and would most likely yellow over time.

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 04:55:40 PM »
I have an excellent front corner, and will have an excellent rear corner in the next day or 2 (no twists or warps). I'll take some pictures. I was going to remove all 4, repaint and use them on mine, but I think overall if the whole community can benefit from newly made ones it'll be a heck of a better place to use them.

You mentioned interior trim pieces. I might be able to help you there.

I know this is out there a bit, but any chance of modifying the front headlight buckets to accept round lights instead of the stock square? OMG I would jizz right in my pants over that.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 05:00:32 PM by Nightpath »

Offline dleberfinger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2014, 03:40:59 PM »
I have an excellent front corner, and will have an excellent rear corner in the next day or 2 (no twists or warps). I'll take some pictures. I was going to remove all 4, repaint and use them on mine, but I think overall if the whole community can benefit from newly made ones it'll be a heck of a better place to use them.

You mentioned interior trim pieces. I might be able to help you there.

I know this is out there a bit, but any chance of modifying the front headlight buckets to accept round lights instead of the stock square? OMG I would jizz right in my pants over that.

That would be very possible. The easiest method would be if you had a model to mold them after, preferably something already in another square front end car. I'm thinking possibly BMW headlights if I were to try that.

Offline harry85

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 07:21:35 PM »
Hatch hinges, sun visor brackets, mud flaps, sond and rear window louvers, and headlight brackets!!! I keep trying to get my friend to milk the sun visor brackets, but he's flaky.
'48 CJ2
'67 Jeepster (My First)
'83 Eagle Wagon
'38 or '40 Chevy Dump Truck
'78 Camero Z-28
'93 Chevy K3500

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 08:02:53 PM »
I believe the mud flaps and side/rear louvres are already in the works be a couple different members. I know some wagon owners would love to see some better hatch hinges.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 10:36:05 PM »
yeah. Not ones that are not hollow right at the greatest stress point!
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2015, 10:19:04 AM »
I forgot about this. I think I was able to get some decent front and rear bumper ends, and a few other parts. Still interested?

Would love to find a headlight replacement so I could get rid of the stock headlights with a single headlight, foglight to the side and a turn signal as well.

Offline dleberfinger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 10:54:47 AM »
I forgot about this. I think I was able to get some decent front and rear bumper ends, and a few other parts. Still interested?

Would love to find a headlight replacement so I could get rid of the stock headlights with a single headlight, foglight to the side and a turn signal as well.

I have quite a few other things on my plate at the moment, and unfortunately not nearly enough to invest in the bumper corners yet. Just a single mold for those is going to be quite costly.

Feel free to post any other ideas or suggestions here: http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=44564.15

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk