Choose style:

Author Topic: How to Make Power Window Cables (picture heavy)  (Read 7203 times)

Offline tojwalk

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: How to Make Power Window Cables (picture heavy)
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 09:15:25 AM »
What is the over all length of the stock cables

Offline Simon

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 09:44:03 AM »
I first want to thank you for sharing the info about our window cables.  You guess it I need the same medicine for my 1985 Eagle. 
I've been to many salvage yards and around here the crush cars a lot so I'm unable to locate a cable to work with.  Your method looks
great and I think I can copy it satisfactory.  By chance can you locate a decent cable in your area I can work with?  If you can give me
the essentials, I can send you what it costs including shipping through Pay Pal. 
Hope you can help me out.
Simon.   srsimon37@gmail.com

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 07:07:42 PM »
I first want to thank you for sharing the info about our window cables.  You guess it I need the same medicine for my 1985 Eagle. 
I've been to many salvage yards and around here the crush cars a lot so I'm unable to locate a cable to work with.  Your method looks
great and I think I can copy it satisfactory.  By chance can you locate a decent cable in your area I can work with?  If you can give me
the essentials, I can send you what it costs including shipping through Pay Pal. 
Hope you can help me out.
Simon.   srsimon37@gmail.com

You may want to send a direct message or an email to the original poster, it will increase the chances that he sees your request.  Good luck!!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Cliff

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • 1983 EAGLE Limited +200,000 miles still strong
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 01:04:30 AM »
This is one of the best posts I have ever seen from an electric window cable issue. The cables (OEM) are all but non-existing, but sure they can be found underground where Chrysler  buried all of the AMC parts in Kenosha Thank you so much.  ;D

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.