News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 17, 2024, 10:09:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: '83 Eagle Limited Saved. Yep, I bought another one---(UPDATED 5/8/11)  (Read 38434 times)

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
This Eagle has been sitting for 6 years at my friends private AMC junkyard.  He bought it in hopes to resell it fast, as it was in good drivable condition at the time. Which never happened unfortunately.  I've been telling him that I wanted to buy one of his cars for quite a long time now, and finally decided to take action this week.  I'm going to need a winter driver, so I thought the Eagle sitting under the wood shed would be a good candidate... So called him up last week and made an offer, and he accepted>So now I've got another Eagle! Yay...........But......It's going to need some work... The car was delivered to my school today, and I'm going to fix it up in my shop class that I have for 2 hours in the school day. It's going to be a lot of fun I think.

Anyways, the Eagle:

-It's a 1983 Eagle Limited Station Wagon. Yes with power windows, seats and locks, wow what a luxury!  :o  
-It was previously registered in Des Moines, Iowa up until 2000. Maybe IowaEagle saw this Eagle or something? lol
-It has 137,000 odd miles on the odometer.
-I put a battery in it, (not to start it yet, that would be bad without checking stuff first!  :o ) and the power windows and seats work great. However the door locks dont work so well, not a biggie in my book.
-Has a good history of work done to it, and the previous owners kept up with maintence very well. Until, it came to Wisconsin. That's when I assume it was rear-ended due to some bumper damage, and all of the dents started showing up.
-Love the wood grain with the dark blue, it's just going to need some washing to get it looking good again, but that comes later. I wanna get it running again first. I'll let you guys know how it comes along.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:20:29 PM by amc78concord »
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
Re: '83 Eagle Limited Saved. Yep, I bought another one
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 10:47:41 PM »
nice eagle dude it's the same year and model as the one i saved but mine has the factory driving lights where yours doesn't but yours is a better color than mine.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline EAGLER

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 16
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 10:56:23 PM »
great that eagle looks awesome for its age ,with a llittle touch up and some mechanics  it would be in pristine condition, btw i love that one in blue greetings from mexico
because nobody grows up knowing all

Offline amc78concord

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 11:00:56 PM »
Hey thanks for the positive vibes so far.  :)

I probably should mention that the car had (hopefully not has :( ) a mice infestation...  :(   Smells pretty bad in there, and I looked in the secret compartment and found skeletons and mouse crap is everywhere...  :(   But the wiring seems okay, just the smell is terrible... gonna have to clean all that up and try something to make it smell better.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:03:47 PM by amc78concord »
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon

Offline eagle87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 11:02:50 PM »
Be careful with bringing it to ur shop class I did that with mine in gr 10 and 12 and the frame and gastank got damaged, and other students messed with it  >:(
2010 Ford Explorer (Red)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition (Blue)
2002 JeepGrand Cherokee Overland Edition (Silver) Rolled
2001 Cadillac Deville (Silver) Blown Engine :(
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd (Graphite) Parts Jeep
1998 GMC Safari (Blue)
1990 Mercury Sable (Red)
1987 Eagle Wagon (Beige)
1987 Eagle wagon (Silver)
1987 Eagle Wagon Limited (Brown)
1986 Eagle sedan (Blue)
1983 Eagle SX/4 Sport (Black)
1982 Concord DL (Maroon)
1968 Rebel Conv (Gold)

Offline amc78concord

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 11:07:45 PM »
Be careful with bringing it to ur shop class I did that with mine in gr 10 and 12 and the frame and gastank got damaged, and other students messed with it  >:(
Only place where theres the proper tools and lifts to use. Also my close friends in the class will back me up ;)   As for when I'm not around, I'll have it on a drive-on lift and it will be up in the air for others not to mess with.  I've already talked to my instructor about this.
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle SX/4
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon

Offline ammachine390

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 42
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 11:22:18 PM »
Nice that you were able to save an Eagle. My power locks don't work well either, it's like the motors don't have enough power to lock them, but they are able to unlock. Very cool of your auto teacher to let you work on your Eagle in the shop.  Like you, I also have auto tech for 2 periods a day, and I was lucky enough that my teacher let me keep my Concord in the shop for a month straight. Yes, a whole month (days/nights/weekends) on the lift in the air, while I replaced the spring plates, ball joints, strut rod bushings, strut rod, and after all that, an alignment. And the people at my school that take auto are usually not the most respectful people, but in that whole month that the car sat in there, no damage occurred.
Dan
1981 AMC Concord DL 258 Auto

Click for Villa_Park, IL Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 11:28:51 PM »
Looks like a good wash & wax job is all it needs. Definitely check fluids before trying to start. Probably wouldn't hurt to pull the dist. first & spin the oil pump a few times to get some circulated first.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline eagle87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 11:29:15 PM »
Only place where theres the proper tools and lifts to use. Also my close friends in the class will back me up ;)   As for when I'm not around, I'll have it on a drive-on lift and it will be up in the air for others not to mess with.  I've already talked to my instructor about this.
yeah I understand having a hoist makes the job alot easier, unfortunately my instructor was one of the ones who messed with the car, he was a subaru fan ::)
2010 Ford Explorer (Red)
1998 GMC Safari (Blue)
1990 Mercury Sable (Red)
1987 Eagle Wagon (Beige)
1986 Eagle sedan (Blue)
1982 Concord DL (Maroon)
1968 Rebel Conv (Gold)

Offline amc78concord

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 11:31:23 PM »
yeah I understand having a hoist makes the job alot easier, unfortunately my instructor was one of the ones who messed with the car, he was a subaru fan ::)
Ha wow... that's not very professional at all. That would P!ss me off that my teacher would mess with my car  >:(  That's terrible.
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle SX/4
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon

Offline Desolo

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 11:39:56 PM »
I like the ones with the wood trim on them, and that one seems to have held it together well!

I bet it will look extra sweet once its been all cleaned up and thrown back onto the road again!
Its Always a work in progress, but its always working regardless...

Offline eagle87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 11:41:35 PM »
Ha wow... that's not very professional at all. That would P!ss me off that my teacher would mess with my car  >:(  That's terrible.
My instructor went as far as calling my dad to tell him an amc wasnt worth fixing :(
2010 Ford Explorer (Red)
1998 GMC Safari (Blue)
1990 Mercury Sable (Red)
1987 Eagle Wagon (Beige)
1986 Eagle sedan (Blue)
1982 Concord DL (Maroon)
1968 Rebel Conv (Gold)

Offline amc78concord

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 11:52:41 PM »
My instructor went as far as calling my dad to tell him an amc wasnt worth fixing :(
Terrible. My instructor is like my best friend basically, and loves the fact that I love AMC's.  It's been funny in the years I've had Auto Class with my Concord and SX/4, it's always one car (mine) and everyone elses BIG TRUCK lol. The other students don't understand the 4x4 stuff i have on the SX/4, and he likes that I bring in something different than an ol Scottsdale, Cheyenne or Sierra...
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle SX/4
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 03:41:17 AM »
i wish my school had still had shop class before i got there, but they decided it wasn't worth keeping. by the way as others have said cange all fluids, as well as plugs, plug wires, distribiter cap and rotor, and ofcoarse put new tires as i'm pretty sure those are badlly weather rotted.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 06:42:37 AM »
Very nice Blue Limited.  Nope, I don't remember seeing that one.  There is a blue wagon down the road a bit from me, but not as nice looking as yours and he still is driving it.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk