News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Converting a hornet , gremlin, ect using a eagle driveline  (Read 3352 times)

Offline rommel1940

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Converting a hornet , gremlin, ect using a eagle driveline
« on: November 24, 2015, 07:56:03 AM »
Its it a bolt in to take a eagle with a good drive train but a body that's too far gone and simply bolt it into a hornet or gremlin, or similar chassis .Of coarse using the complete suspension.I think it would be cool.And I like the hornet 2 doors better than the eagles styling.
1984 Eagle Limited

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: Converting a hornet , gremlin, ect using a eagle driveline
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:40:46 AM »
hi, anything can be done with enough time, skill, and money, how much of each ya got!? no, it is not a simple bolt in. good luck, gz

Offline rommel1940

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 12:33:26 PM »
Well I know were a couple rotted eagles are, I was mostly curious.
1984 Eagle Limited

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 02:40:54 PM »
Carnuck did it with a Spirit. I believe it's almost a bolt in with the floor needing to be modified for the transfer case.  The prototype Eagle was a Hornet. I would love to see a Hornet hatch made into an Eagle.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline rommel1940

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 02:56:53 PM »
The hatchback is my favorite .I wounder if the wheebase is the same as the rest of the line, I don't know why amc stop making that popular model and left us with the somewhat ugly sedan 2 door.
1984 Eagle Limited

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 11:25:59 PM »
The frame was beefed up '80 and newer for the offroad twisting and front axle so I would retro one of them to whichever style you wanted.

SOTE's body may be on the auction block soon since Max98059 abandoned it, an '82 Wag Ltd body (full size) up for $300, his '79 Mustang with 5.0L and WC T5 plus his Saturn SL2 with popped rear main seal. All at my cabin.

County got sidetracked by the big storm but they will be back soon and I'll be :water reservoir: if I will be paying the fines because of his vehicle shells
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk