The Shop > Body Shop

Doors won't open

(1/4) > >>

otterfoot88:
The driver's side front and rear doors on my '85 eagle won't open from the outside and I need a blow up diagram so I can take them apart and fix them

IowaEagle:
More than likely you need new door handles as the tang that goes to the rod that opens the door has broken.  You willl have to pull the interior door panel off to get to the screws that hold the handle assembly on.  You may get lucky and find only the rod clip has come off or is broken.  We do have replacement rod clips in the Eagle Nest Store.  But not door handles.  You will have to post a Wanted Topic for those.  And, welcome to the Nest.

Doruntrus:
So, when you say your doors won't open, do you mean that the latch won't disengage? I had a similar problem with one of the doors on my '87, and I thought it was broken. Turns out I just had to force it open from the inside of the car, then oil it. Sounds stupid, but you might try it before taking everything apart. Hope I was of some assistance.

IowaEagle:
I see he last logged in the day he asked the question. Maybe he got it fixed?

koalrus:
On an Eagle Sedan, both driver side handles would be the same, right? I might need one for the front door but wasn't sure if it would be interchangeable if I were to find a rear handle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version