The Mighty 258 > Emissions/Vacuum Systems

4x4 vaccum diagram?

<< < (3/3)

Illeagle1984:
I keep forgetting these cars changed a lot in their short timespan.  Mine is an 84.  The EVAP charcoal canister was right below it; black plastic can a lot like what MIPS was describing.  I looked where my hoses are routed; it took a little digging since they were both wrangled into the main wiring loom.  The larger one went to a port on the rear of the intake manifold, so straight up direct vacuum.  The other went to a check valve (those little round disc things you may see in various places with a line plugged into each side of the flat part) on the passenger side.  The other side of the check valve was the black vacuum line going to the 4wd block down by the starter.

Hope this helps. :) I did a major vacuum line delete so there may have been a tee eliminated somewhere.

Mr_Roboto:
I think that "vacuum block by the starter" is the answer I'm looking for, and that the line is non existent on my car currently. I was hoping to save crawling under to find it, but I think that it was expected.

MIPS:
It's a set of steel lines that run to the back (and front on earlier models) to simplify a lot of plumbing and is bolted to.....huh I seem to of forgotten.  :o
Anyways if the transmission or engine was dropped it would of needed to be removed and if someone modified the TC to be always-on it was removed and tossed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version