News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: duke tufty?  (Read 2927 times)

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
duke tufty?
« on: March 18, 2014, 05:40:21 PM »
I dont recall seeing duke tufy or jw moody on the master list of lost dealerships on the amc heritage forum...Ill have to look through it again....those may be a few to add to the list.

Duke Tufty, a nice man he was. My dad worked as a mechanic for him in the '70's. I do remember Duke Tufty selling AMC's in the late '70's or early '80's. This was after Anderson Hall, the AMC dealer in Sioux Falls, SD had closed. The AMC dealership was picked up by Duke Tufty also in Sioux Falls . Duke Tufty was a Chrysler/Dodge dealer & took on AMC when Chysler was in danger of going under in the late '70's or early 80's. Duke Tufty, later Ted Tufty no longer exists being bought out several years ago by a larger car dealership.

since I am somewhat near Sioux falls, does anyone remember what dealer bought out duke tufty? I am trying to find a intermittent wiper switch in this area, and figured that the dealer that bought duke tufty out might be a good place to start. I have another option or two that may work as well. thanks for any help, and I apologize if I put this in the wrong location.
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: duke tufty?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 06:01:43 PM »
Do you need the switch and the module, or just the switch?  I think Prafeston has an extra intermittent switch without the module.  Good luck!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 06:03:20 PM »
This is true! And if you need the module apparently there are a couple Ford switches/modules that work. There is a write up on the forum by Vangremlin on the subject.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 06:09:29 PM »
Just the switch, I may be interested later, if I can not find one around here.
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 06:31:49 PM »
I paid $15 shipped for mine. Didn't realize I needed the module too and I recently bought the whole setup from Vangremlin. I'd gladly ship the switch to you for $15. Then you don't have to go searching. :)
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk