News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:51:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: bumper end caps  (Read 4038 times)

Offline sooneramx

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
bumper end caps
« on: November 22, 2017, 06:37:45 PM »
Hi I am new to the forum just picked up a 1983 sx4 the front and rear bumper end caps have corroded where can you find these I looked on APD, Kennedy american and Blaser and did not see them. Thanks, Tim

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: bumper end caps
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:23:02 PM »
Welcome to the Den and congrats on your new SX/4!

Bumper ends are not available new, so you'll have to settle for used ones.  Front bumper ends are interchangeable for all 1981 and new models.  Rear bumper ends for the SX/4 are unique to that model and extremely difficult to find.  Keep an eye on eBay, or start a thread in the Wanted section of the classifieds on the Den.

I hit the junkyards around Denver whenever an Eagle shows up which is two to three times a year.  I'll be on the lookout for front bumper ends in good condition. 
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline sooneramx

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: bumper end caps
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:16:56 PM »
Thanks vangremlin I looked up a few posts on the forum and see where eagle wagons fit with some fine tuning Happy Thanksgiving!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk