News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 01:08:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Hatchling From Pennsylvania!  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Druidic14

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
New Hatchling From Pennsylvania!
« on: March 23, 2017, 03:07:26 PM »
HEY GUYS! I'm really excited to start getting involved within this forum. Everyone seems pretty cool and helpful, a lot more than most.. *cough* like jeeps'. 

So I'll just introduce myself as Druidic, and where shall I begin?

I'm starting with a 83 SX/4 5-spm Sport Package (took me damm near forever to figure out how to open the trunk) and it needs some love. I got it up and running after sitting 13 years to find out that the 2.5 wasn't going to cut it for me and not to mention the rear wheel hubs and axle were shot.

Soo.. my plan here is to build me an AMC Cherokee, both engine  and drive train. Lucky enough, my girls got a 96 sport she's selling to me and it could not be more perfect, 4.0 MPI with a NP243 transfer case.

I won't be starting it till atleast late spring, but let me know what you guys think of the plan. I'll post pictures of it when I get on the computer, not sure how on the phone.. Thanks!

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: New Hatchling From Pennsylvania!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 06:48:51 PM »
Great start! I've got an 83 SX/4 as well. It's got all the sport options, minus the sport package haha. So basically no black trim. I've also stuck a 4.0 in mine, but's a OBDI pre-96 model and I kept it carb with the Eagle intake and Carter. Sounds like you've got a good plan for a project. Look forward to seeing the progress. Let's see some pics.

Here's mine.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:01:23 PM »
Welcome to the den

Manitowoc WI

Offline Druidic14

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 09:06:54 PM »
Beautiful. It's great to see an sx/4 looking as polished as that. The color scheme is pretty attractive too.

But, like I said, mine needs some love.. balls deep in the tailpipe kinda love. She's been sitting for awhile since I got it up last time and I just can't push her away, so this year I'll make sure she hits the roads (and especially the rocks) once again.

This is the beginning of the The Warthog. (You'll understand the name when I get farther in  >:D)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »
Welcome and congratulations!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold