News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:37:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New member, Vancouver, WA  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Oldmanjunior

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
New member, Vancouver, WA
« on: May 04, 2016, 09:14:35 PM »
Hi,

I'm not a Eagle owner....yet. :) My Brother who passed away a year ago has one, and I am thinking about getting it. His wife and kids have no interest in a manual speed. It's a 81 sx /4. Found out it was last ran about 13-15 years ago. Would like to see it back on the road.  Any suggestions on doing that are welcome. Thank you

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: New member, Vancouver, WA
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 11:56:03 PM »
hi, and welcome! if you want to get an Eagle running, this is the place. lot's of info, ideas, etc. tell us a bit more about the car. good luck, gz

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 11:38:30 AM »
I hope you can get it from them and get it back on the road. Would be a great tribute to your brother!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 03:38:14 PM »
Welcome!  Opportunities to get an SX/4 are few and far between so my recommendation is to just do it!  Lots of help available here in the Den.  My Kammback had not been licensed (and probably not run) in 16 years when I bought, I had it up and running in a matter of days and I'm no magician or master mechanic.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk