News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 18, 2024, 01:47:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Grand Wagoneer cluster into Eagle  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Grand Wagoneer cluster into Eagle
« on: September 21, 2015, 08:59:24 AM »
Has anybody here swapped a 87-91 grand Wagoneer dash cluster into their Eagle? Don't have an Eagle cluster to compare it to side by side but it is strikingly similar, anybody have a photo of the back of the Eagle cluster? 2 plugs on the Jeep cluster, 1 big ROUND drum connector and one flat connector.
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
Re: Grand Wagoneer cluster into Eagle
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 12:27:57 PM »
Just happened to have a spare in the shop!

Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 11:22:01 PM »
I have thought about putting the cluster in my eagle to get a complete gauge set in my eagle. The housing is different, between the eagle and wagoneer cluster, It would involving cuting up at least one cluster to make the wagoneer cluster fit like the eagle cluster does. It would also require some rewiring to get the gauges and everything to work like it should, but i think the it has everything needed to make the cluster work like it should. The speedometer cable is the same as what the eagle uses, so that won't be a challenge at least. I believe there are federal and state laws about tampering with the odometer, so u may want to check your state laws, and if there are requirements that they have to swap clusters legally.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:34:56 PM by 1985amceagle »
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »
Thanks for the info. I think I need to get my hands on a spare Eagle cluster and go from there.
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 09:03:33 PM »
Or an amc car cluster, spirit/ concord

We put a sprint one in my sons sx4 cause it had gauges that worked
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk