News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 18, 2024, 10:31:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Water leaking into rocker panels  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
Water leaking into rocker panels
« on: May 28, 2015, 11:25:41 AM »
I've noticed that my rocker panels are getting filled with water, to the extent that I've tapped holes into them so they'll drain. Doesn't matter if the car is sitting or driving, they have water in them after it rains.

Any ideas where the water is coming from? The roof is sealed, I'm pretty sure that the side windows aren't leaking internally, it's driving me a bit nuts.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:40:28 PM by Nightpath »

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Water leaking into rocker panels
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 03:09:43 PM »
Behind the front fender or down the inside of the A pillar from the roof rack/windshield leaking. It was a design flaw.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
Re: Water leaking into rocker panels
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 04:24:07 PM »
I'm going to bank on the windshield at the bottom, I have no trim inside the car for hte most part and can see it all. I need a new windshield anyways, so that'll be getting fixed with it.

2 birds, 1 stone. w00t

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk