News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:41:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Trip to Snowshoe/Cass WV  (Read 6162 times)

Offline TLC87Eagle

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
My Trip to Snowshoe/Cass WV
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:07:53 PM »
I spent the last weekend on the road on a fishing trip with friends and continued south in WV to work on my Aunt's Cabin in Cass WV where I put a new floor and deck on the cabin. Along the way I found a few cool spots to stop and take pictures of my Eagle, and here they are. Sorry for the quality, but they were taken with my phone.

At the top of Snowshoe Mountain

Another at the top

In front of the "Soaring Eagle Express" Ski Lift

In front of Soaring Eagle Lodge

Another a Soaring Eagle Lodge

Off a side road that was marked "4WD or Chains Only". Must have been marked for wintertime, cause I only needed 2wd to get to where I was in the pic.

In front of Eagles Nest

In front of my Aunt's Cabin, this is not the one I worked on though.

Pulled off looking at a Rambler Marlin for sale in Beverly, WV

1987 Eagle Wagon Limited

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
Re: My Trip to Snowshoe/Cass WV
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:34:23 PM »
Camera phone or not, those are still great photos. I think they are calendar worthy!
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline jonb8

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 07:30:42 PM »
Awsome, I spent my honey moon at snowshoe.. Did you ride the train at Cass?

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 09:32:32 PM »
Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline TLC87Eagle

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 09:43:47 PM »
Thanks guys. The pics didn't come out as nice as my good DSLR camera would have, but I didn't think to bring it. But they came out pretty good for a 5MP camera phone.

And no I didn't ride the train in Cass this time cause it doesn't open up until towards the end of May, but I have ridden it before, and it is a lot of fun. The Cass Scenic RR actually runs right behind my Aunt's cabin in the picture with my Eagle in front of it. The tracks are about 60 yards to the right out of the picture.
1987 Eagle Wagon Limited

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 10:13:19 PM »
Beautiful Eagle and spectacular pics.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline EagleFam

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 09:33:37 AM »
Since I'm new here I'm just getting around to looking at the members pictures.

TLC87Eagle, That is one of the most beautiful Eagle wagons I've seen.

Offline TLC87Eagle

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 08:15:01 PM »

Thank you very much EagleFam. I always get a lot of compliments on it when I drive it through town as well, especially after I shine it up.  ;D
Everywhere from "Cool car", to "you don't see many of those around anymore", and even a lot people with Eagle stories to tell. Like my 69 Dodge Dart, it seems like one of those cars everyone has a story about, either they had one, or one of their friends or family members had one. I've even had a few people ask if it was for sale.  ;D
1987 Eagle Wagon Limited

Offline EagleFam

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 12:06:14 PM »

Thank you very much EagleFam. I always get a lot of compliments on it when I drive it through town as well, especially after I shine it up.  ;D
Everywhere from "Cool car", to "you don't see many of those around anymore", and even a lot people with Eagle stories to tell. Like my 69 Dodge Dart, it seems like one of those cars everyone has a story about, either they had one, or one of their friends or family members had one. I've even had a few people ask if it was for sale.  ;D

I know what you mean about the comments on your Eagle when you take it out in public. Those are fun.

My wife came home from the store the other day with a funny story. She said two teenage boys were walking around our Eagle wagon in the grocery store parkinglot. They were in awe of such an "old school 4x4 bogged out station wagon".
They wanted to know what it was. She gladly told them all about it in detail right down to the engine and transmission that she did half the rebuild.
 I get a kick out of stories like the one she told me and the one you mentioned about comments you get like "I knew someone who had one" and so on.
The boys in the parkinglot here were fun. One of them is going to an automotive school. When my wife lifted the hood to show them the Eagle engine, he told her he "wished he could find someone to teach him about old school stuff like carburetors". I got a laugh out of it and told her, "Yeah baby it's like the old days ... you know, the old days when you and I were kids and rode around in covered wagons ... before electricty was invented and we sat around watching television by candle-light."

Well TLC87Eagle, speaking of Eagle wagons I better get myself in gear and get out to the garage. I have an Eagle project going out there I'm just aching to finish up so I can start another one.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk