News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 04:22:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spirit Rear Sway Bar on a 4 dr Concord  (Read 4653 times)

1982AMCCONCORD

Spirit Rear Sway Bar on a 4 dr Concord
« on: July 12, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »
Found a Rear Sway Bar from a Spirit and was wondering if it will fit on my Concord 4dr.

I need to look for holes in the frame to see if it will mount. Other then that there are sandwich plates that go under the rear leaf.

Thank you for any replies or insight.

JB

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
Re: Spirit Rear Sway Bar on a 4 dr Concord
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
I was planning to do the same thing.  I don't see why it wouldn't work.  If you still have access to that Spirit, you'll want to grab the front sway bar from it.  The front bar will be thicker in order to offset the effects of the rear one.
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

1982AMCCONCORD

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:16:32 PM »
Ah.... good call El Matador! Didn't even think about that! When one goes on... so does the other!!!!

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 04:24:18 PM »
My parts book shows the bar to be the same between the Spirit and Concord for the same year.  However, it shows a different part number for the bar for years '79-'81 and for years '82-'83.  I don't know what the difference might be; may only be the diameter of the bar.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7