Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Your Eagle(s) / Re: 1983 SX/4 Dull "Penny"
« Last post by rollguy on Yesterday at 11:39:24 PM »
I have not been around here much, but came back today to see how things were going. It is nice to see your SX4 on the road again! I have been crazy busy working on these Mercedes-Benz Diesels, and have been on those forums. I don't have an Eagle anymore, and I sure do miss having one. One day maybe I will get another one.....Rich
Axle / Differential / Re: Rear axle nut torque spec
« Last post by AMC of Houston on Yesterday at 06:58:49 PM »
Holy Crap!!   I've swapped out loads of pinion seals over the decades, and have never run into one like that!!    Maybe one of those 3/4" drive earthquake guns??

Good luck with it!
Eagle Sightings / Re: AMCs in the media
« Last post by vangremlin on Yesterday at 02:14:06 PM »
I wonder what year this clip was made. I live in IL. but didn't hear about nat'l. meet in Rockford.

Says the clip was filmed on 7/30/16.
« Last post by eaglefreek on Yesterday at 11:15:56 AM »
Under the Hood & HVAC / Re: Help with cooling system flush
« Last post by trucker79005 on Yesterday at 11:15:23 AM »
I will definitely have to look and see if I can find that. The radiator is being recored now and it would be nice to know that I wasn't putting junk in it when I put it back in. Thanks for the idea! I need all of them I canget. I've never tried to go through a car that's been sitting before....
« Last post by AMC1 on Yesterday at 11:02:29 AM »
You fellows won’t believe this: I’m trying to remove the rear yoke nut to replace the pinoin oil seal on my Gremlin. It’s been there for 41 yrs. I’ve tried a portable electric lug gun which has done the eagle @ 120 lbs torque but I realize I'm dealing with over 200, pneumatic air gun @ 120 lbs, breaker bar with extended pipe to the floor for leverage, proto heavy duty torque wrench reversed direction, careful but solid hammer blows to the breaker bar, map gas heat applied for 10 - 20 min a few times, penetrating oil, I’ve gotten on the floor and braced myself and pushed the breaker bar with my legs as well as pulled it with both arms from the other side. My next idea is to line up the nut with the skid plate of the Eagle & to run a hand hoist with hooks between both cars. If I put tension on it for a couple of days it may loosen it up if it doesn’t strip the bolt first.
Under the Hood & HVAC / Re: Help with cooling system flush
« Last post by AMC1 on Yesterday at 10:50:31 AM »
I see you're doing a complete job. You didn't mention pulling the engine block drain plug however. If you have any rust in the block you'll see it come out immediately from there. All three of my cars have hex. head drain plugs for ease of removal.
Eagle Sightings / Re: AMCs in the media
« Last post by AMC1 on Yesterday at 10:42:18 AM »
Nice clip. The original owner added some nice extras. I wonder what year this clip was made. I live in IL. but didn't hear about nat'l. meet in Rockford.
Your Eagle(s) / Re: finally got photos
« Last post by maddog on June 22, 2017, 08:36:09 PM »
hey guys it's been a little while since I last posted and I figured I'd give you a little bit of an update on what's been going on with Eagleeyes. Since my last update I have installed two 6 inch LED light bars on the front bumper, as well as four brand new mud flaps that I painted the word Eagle on in white lettering that is in Eagle script (don't ask me how long that took to accomplish). I have also replaced both hatch hinges and have also installed a f150 tac where my none working clock was. I also had to replace both front brake calipers after breaking off both bleeder screws.  ::) I then replaced the entire driverside front hub because when the machine shop I took the old one to went to press the new cones for the bearings in they just kind of dropped in with no pressure applied to them.  ???
Fuel Systems. / Re: Finding the fuel tank return line
« Last post by AMC of Houston on June 22, 2017, 04:11:03 PM »
Metal line coming up over by the left frame rail.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 15 queries.