Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Your Eagle(s) / Re: My new 81 Eagle
« Last post by eaglefreek on Yesterday at 10:35:17 PM »
interesting look has the spirit chrome under the door and I don't see any holes for fender flares
but still awesome looking eagle
Yes, extremely interesting. Either someone took the time to take the flares off and fill in all the holes or this is some super duper rare Eagle that was ordered with a flare delete, if that was even possible.
Body Shop / Re: Left side mirror
« Last post by vangremlin on Yesterday at 01:47:01 PM »
was that price for a pair of mirrors or individually

The black ones come as a pair.
« Last post by DAVE on Yesterday at 09:46:06 AM »
interesting look has the spirit chrome under the door and I don't see any holes for fender flares
but still awesome looking eagle
« Last post by DAVE on Yesterday at 09:42:59 AM »
was that price for a pair of mirrors or individually
I know this whole post wasn't for me but it sure has helped me. Thanks! I'm not new to amc but I am new to the 4x4 and eagles. I've had my concord for almost 30 years and don't think I ever changed tire size....
i have 215/75R15 tires on my 80 wagon and my stock size was 195/75R15 I have 3.08 gears and I have never noticed a difference in acceleration or response and I've had them on there since before I started replacing suspension parts. I have even gone up a slick snow and ice covered hill with those tires in two wheel drive and that was a good forty five degree angle and I had no trouble with the bigger tires. Oh and I've had my Eagle for just over eleven years.
« Last post by amarshall on August 21, 2017, 04:19:54 PM »
I think you are right, vangremlin.  The black ones look much better.  Those chrome ones belong on a big pickup truck.
« Last post by JONAS78028 on August 21, 2017, 08:52:49 AM »
I couldn't figure out how to add a picture on these forums.
When creating or replying to a post... look down at the bottom.  Click on "Attachments and other options" and you can the add a picture.  The picture will need to be resized if it is bigger than 1024KB.
« Last post by vangremlin on August 21, 2017, 08:43:55 AM »
Just for posterity, the mirror area on the big honkin chrome ones was 5x8.  I looked up the black ones and they are 4-1/4 x 6-1/4 so much smaller.  I've got a set ordered already.

I think you'll still like these.  Still plenty big enough, and they don't flop around like the original Eagle ones once they get worn out.
I gotta say that my Eagle is accelerating, driving and stopping just as well with the new mud-terrains.
215/65R15 was the stock tire size on my Eagle.  The reason for going to a 215/75R15 equivlant (27x8.50-R15) is that there are no 215/65R15's available in a mud-terrain or even an all-terrain tire.   I have owned almost nothing but 4x4's for the last 35 years or so and I am very versed when it comes to gear selection versus tire size.   Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.