News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:11:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1990 Jeep Cherokee  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Wutisit

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
1990 Jeep Cherokee
« on: July 03, 2019, 10:42:53 PM »
Hello all. The other day I picked up a 90 Cherokee. It has the rims on it that I want for my Eagle and wouldn't just sell me the rims so I picked up the whole thing. Didn't look over much else while I was there cause I was just planning on hauling the rest for scrap. Well I popped the hood and it looks like it has a fuel injected inline 6. Is this worth pulling before I haul it for scrap if I can get it running? I'm thinking it would be swappable into the Eagle, maybe even an easy swap? Is there anything else worth keeping? Tranny,  t-case,  front/rear axel?
Sorry if this is already covered. I'm not really a Jeep guy and new to the Eagle world. Just would hate to kick myself after hauling it for scrap and find out I should have kept parts.

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: 1990 Jeep Cherokee
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 07:43:02 AM »
Yes keep the drivetrain. Minus the axles and the trans and mine is a combo of the 2 motors i have that in mine.
I even stuck the kees front seats in mine.

Manitowoc WI

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 04:40:02 PM »
Is it running? What transmission and axles does it have? Which transfer case?

Short of swapping the whole drivetrain, at least think about the transfer case. Adding a low gear 4wd to an Eagle really transforms the vehicle and adds capability off road. If you are lifting it especially.

If you are just keeping your Eagle stock then maybe not so useful. But I’d wager you could get more selling to a Jeep guy than you could for scrap. What part of the country are you in?
Wanted:  More time to work on my Eagle!

1988 Eagle Wagon - Overlander Build
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45852.0

Offline TheBirdman

• huffs gear oil
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • that noise? that ll go away.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 02:30:21 AM »
Yea, keep all the drivetrain parts. Everything from the engine to the wheels are good upgrades for eagles. Im about to do a trans/TC/ FI swap with cherokee parts later this year.
83 eagle wagon 4.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk