News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 13, 2024, 12:10:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lock cylinder linkage diagram?  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Lock cylinder linkage diagram?
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:33:03 PM »
Anybody have a diagram of the door lock cylinder linkages for a 4dr wagon? Better yet a photo?

Swapped lock cylinders so that I don't have to open the passenger side door first but there ain't any room inside the doors to work with. :help:
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Lock cylinder linkage diagram?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 10:43:47 PM »
The rod goes to the door lock. That's all there is except for the interior handle and the pull pin for the inside lock. If you pull up or push down on the inside lock button, you'll see the hole in the linkage for the outside lock move with it (I look down next to the glass to see it with the window cranked part way down)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:45:25 PM by carnuck »
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: Lock cylinder linkage diagram?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 09:06:49 AM »
I ended up figuring it out. The lock cyl on my driver's door was busted so I exchanged it with the one on the passenger side.

The  thing I couldn't figure out what which way the pendulum on the back of the lock cylinder that connects to the linkage faced. Turns out it faces towards the rear of the vehicle with the hole and the latch facing out.

There is an access hole on both doors but in order to get to it on the DS you must remove the silver body trim tag riveted to the door. I was able to get it done without removing it.
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk