The Mighty 258 > The Engine

4.0 stroker replacement

(1/2) > >>

rmick:
Well looks like I need to replace my tired 258. Broke a piston skirt. Looking at a 4.0 stroker as a replacement engine. Any one have any experience with this been looking at crate engines from different sources. Hope just swap my accessories and bolt back into place. Any recommended vendors?

djm3452004:

--- Quote from: rmick on August 19, 2022, 08:28:40 PM ---Well looks like I need to replace my tired 258. Broke a piston skirt. Looking at a 4.0 stroker as a replacement engine. Any one have any experience with this been looking at crate engines from different sources. Hope just swap my accessories and bolt back into place. Any recommended vendors?

--- End quote ---

AVOID Promar Engines out of NJ.  Have had a number of serious issues with a rebuilt 258 from them that resulted in a lot of hassle.  I can elaborate if you need details but don't feel like boring anyone by writing a book.  I finally built my own motor that I'm in the process of breaking-in right now.

amcfool1:
hi, if you have deeep pockets, check out Newcomer Racing in NC.  :)  btw, keep your Eagle oil pan!   good luck,  gz

rmick:
Sorry no deep pockets unless folks want to donate for the cause. Was looking at these guys. https://www.sandjengines.com/searchproducts/enginesearch/288

Taylor:
Stirring a old pot here, what engine and or engine builder did you go with. Curious to know.
Thanks,
Taylor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version