News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:57:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jim Smith Little Rock, AR  (Read 5012 times)

Offline Bjay65

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Jim Smith Little Rock, AR
« on: May 18, 2017, 06:19:29 PM »
Hi, I'm looking for folks on here who might remember my stepdad, Jim Smith.  He was a moderator on the old site, owned a couple of Eagles and went to some of the get-togethers.  He passed away four years ago.  My mom has since sold off one of his Eagles, but we still have one, and she might be ready to let go of it.  She really needs to.  I think it would help her let it go if it went to someone Jimmie knew from the site.  I am heading out there tomorrow and will have more info about the car this weekend.  Any of Jimmie's buddies on here looking for another Eagle?  Please email me at [email protected].  Thanks, Ben Sherr

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: Jim Smith Little Rock, AR
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »
I remember him as well as i can for an internet buddy. My kids even graffittied a care package box for his eagle years back. Pretty certain it was a shifter for his wagon.

Manitowoc WI

Offline Bjay65

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 07:05:10 AM »
Yes!  Jimmie was tickled about that package.  He talked about it a bit the last time I got to see him. 

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 08:11:23 AM »
I met Jimmy and Caroline(if my memory is correct) in Iowa. Fantastic people. It saddened many of us when we got the bad news. Your best bet would be to put an ad in the classifieds with a bunch of pics. Unfortunately, the site doesn't get as much traffic as it used to. The Facebook page does get a bit of traffic. If you post an ad here, one of the members that use Facebook can put the link on the Facebook page.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 08:59:10 AM »
I remember Jimmy very well. He was in need of end caps for his cargo cover and I had a spare set so I sent them to him and did not want any money for them in return. Just a gift from me to you. Well a couple of days later I received a letter from him with a thank you and a ten dollar bill. That's the type guy he was. We after that emailed back and forth several times till his passing. Great guy and I'm sure not only many others as well as myself miss him.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 11:04:48 AM »
I met Jim once at the Cordova, IL AMO back in like 2012 or 2013 something like that. But I mostly remember him from his posts on the forum. Great forum contributor. I hope you can find a worthy owner to his old bird. I remember when he was trying to sell the white woody wagon. I kind of wanted it. I lived in Missouri at the time so it wasn't too far, but now I'm in Utah and not really in a position to purchase a second Eagle.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline Bjay65

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 04:21:47 PM »
Folks, thanks for the replies.  I am leaving as soon as my sister gets here to go out to Mom's in Arkansas.  I will get pics and info on the Eagle and get it posted ASAP.  I really do appreciate all the good memories.  Jimmie was a great guy.

Offline Bjay65

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 01:16:09 PM »
Back from Mom's.  The Big Blue Bird was at my Uncle's house in Louisiana, about 4 hours away.  Went down Thursday, replaced the battery, cables and starter, fired it up and drove it back to Little Rock.  Car runs great!  At this point, mom is not real keen on letting go of it, and we have a lot to do to get her moved, but I will keep everyone updated on the situation as things change.  Next week I'm going back out to Little Rock and I'm going to attempt to drive the Eagle back to Virginia.  Wish me luck!

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 09:17:20 PM »
I met Jim and Caroline a few times and visited with him a lot via the Nest.  Yes, many of us were saddened by his passing.  I think of him from time to time with fond memories.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Bjay65

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 09:48:18 PM »
Well, as things twist and turn in life, the saga of the Bluebird has taken another turn.....it is now mine.  The Eagle has been sitting in my back yard for about a year and a half now.  Mom finally decided to turn loose of it and just handed me the title the last time she was here.  I've got her back on the road and am slowly fixing things here and there.  I don't know where I'm going with it, if I'm going to keep it or not, but right now I'm just enjoying tinkering with it and watching people's reaction to it.  If any of you are on the AMC Eagle facebook companion page, I'm on there a lot here lately, asking questions, posting pics, etc.  Keep rollin' on, folks!

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 12:31:07 PM »
Nice to hear the Bluebird has found a home (even if temporary) and is back on the road.  I'm sure Jim would want it to be driven regularly!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk