News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 09:34:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Selling my Eagles - rust free DD in Rochester NY $3500. Parts car included.  (Read 2458 times)

Offline mr.mindless

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Rochester NY
I have 3 wagons for sale:
A daily driver status '87 258/auto. Maroon/maroon.
A basket case '84 258/auto that needs at least an engine but is largely complete - have title. White over blue/blue.
A parts-only '84 258/4sp. no papers. Maroon/maroon.

Asking 3500 for the DD and I'll include the parts car if you're interested. Negotiable on the titled '84, I'll keep that for a future project if it doesn't go. I have $800 into it.

Delivery available.

If this CL post is still active, it's still for sale. This is my ad.
https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/5014183715.html

Description:
Solid daily driver condition RUST FREE 1987 AMC Eagle wagon. 258 I6/ 3 speed automatic TF 998.

I drove this car back to Rochester from Colorado Springs in February 2012. Maroon inside and out. Dash has no cracks, carpet in great condition but seats are rough. Paint has some fading and cracks on roof but the car is rust free. Rockers and underside are mint.

All systems are complete and work as they should:
Engine/trans/ driveline
Heat/ defrost/ fan
Power Steering
Manual windows
All lights
Seats and belts
Door locks* and ignition (see below)
Interior and exterior door handles
Replaced sagging headliner
80% studded snows on Cherokee alloys
Jack, spare tire
Exhaust
Front wipers/wash
Rear wiper/wash/defrost
Speedo/ odometer
4x4 & vacuum actuated 4x2/4x4 shift
Rear light duty 2" ball hitch & 4 pin trailer wiring

New in spring-summer 2012:
H4 headlight conversion with 4x55/100W bulbs & relays.
Muffler
Brakes all around
Front wheel bearings (converted to wrangler unit bearings)
Front CV axles
Fresh plugs/wires
Re-sealed rear quarter windows

Exceptions:
Needs shocks
Some peeling on bumper end caps and fender flares - can include spares.
Cruise control unreliable
Broken driver side sun visor - can include spare
Window and door seals should be replaced
Right front fender has damage - replacement can be included
Current summer tires on YJ 5 spoke alloys are low on tread and a bit oversize (some rubbing)
AC is non-op. Still R12 and I have not touched it.
Heater control valve (under hood) is stuck. Heater core always gets hot coolant. Blend door works fine.
Driver door lock cyl needs rebuild
Seats are rough (front seat covers I bought it with are still on it)
Fuel gauge bounces but reads accurately
Coolant temp gauge reads low

For asking price I can also include a 1984 parts car, same color. 258/t4 4 speed manual. Missing some pieces, but largely complete. CT car with some rust, no papers, non-runner (never tried).

I also have a white over blue '84 wagon with clean PA title transferred to me in project condition. Mostly complete but needs engine. Negotiable.
Michael Maskalans
Codriver, Game Day Racing - Ultra4 #571
'98 Dakota - tons & 42s
'97 Ram 3500 - 13sp RoadRanger

'87 Eagle Wagon 258/auto "Saint Michael" - Daily driver status.
'84 Eagle Wagon 258/auto "Swamp Thing" - project in need of a bath
'84 Eagle Wagon 258/4sp - parts car

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk