News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 13, 2024, 06:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: great job!  (Read 5100 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
great job!
« on: November 20, 2013, 09:56:46 PM »
When I was younger, I was on a multitude of forums and the like, (even one for literature and art.  :-[ ) and I have to say this is the best. Not only because it's for eagles, but because of you guys.  I have never seen a forum before with such nice people! Usually everyone's pompous and have to be right (even when there wrong).  They're mean and not really help, because they hid behind the anonymity of the internet. Everyone here seems genuine and you seem like a community or small town, everyone knows and gets along with everyone, and when you have a question, you do your best to help. I was thinking about that today, and even though it's not that important, its cool, and I appreciate it so much! :)

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: great job!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 10:02:09 PM »
Thank you. It's great to hear that from a new member! We aren't a large community so it's easier to get that small town feel. There are probably like 20 or so of us that are pretty active and have been for some time. There are obviously more than 20 members, but some don't pop in on such a consistent basis as some of us! :) They must have other things to do besides be on the internet all the time!  :rotfl:
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 11:31:52 AM »
Thank you youngkyle.  All of us here try our best to treat each other with respect..   none of us know everything and folks like me always do learn more and share when we can.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 03:23:15 AM »
When I was younger, I was on a multitude of forums and the like, (even one for literature and art.  :-[ ) and I have to say this is the best. Not only because it's for eagles, but because of you guys.  I have never seen a forum before with such nice people! Usually everyone's pompous and have to be right (even when there wrong).  They're mean and not really help, because they hid behind the anonymity of the internet. Everyone here seems genuine and you seem like a community or small town, everyone knows and gets along with everyone, and when you have a question, you do your best to help. I was thinking about that today, and even though it's not that important, its cool, and I appreciate it so much! :)

You are kind of describing the previous incarnation of this forum. MIRIP
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 09:23:56 AM »

I feel we are getting back to that.  It has the same feel to me, now, as it did back then. 

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 02:55:29 PM »
just a shot in the dark, but is that eagle nest? I've tried to follow many links there that are broken, and won't load.

I feel we are getting back to that.  It has the same feel to me, now, as it did back then.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »
yes that would be the no longer working eagles nest.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »
Apparently I don't know how to quote people  :-[

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 11:21:19 PM »
From the old threads I have read, this does seem to be like old times. I don't so much remember the chaos, as I believe Steve was attempting to hide it, maybe I have been around a few of the Evo members to long :-\
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 01:06:07 AM »
Apparently I don't know how to quote people  :-[
You just accidentally typed inside the quoted area. make sure you scroll down and type under it or put the cusor above it. One or the other.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 09:25:36 AM »
Thanks for helping him out Rafe.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk