News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:01:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stronger blower motor?  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Stronger blower motor?
« on: October 06, 2018, 01:54:42 PM »
The blower motor in my 84 just gave up the ghost. Is there anything out there that pushes more air the  the factory unit?

Thanks!
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: Stronger blower motor?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 11:30:42 PM »
I seem to recall someone maybe said a blazer would push more air, idk what year. That said, it should spin at the same rpm? So the gerbil cage must be a bit different. Also out of all my amcs my 84 always could kick me out on high on the coldest of days. However its a sedan with less than 100 thousand. The others were wagons. Just thinking a new fan motor is not struggling  to spin. So maybe thats the key, old sucks and new is good.

Manitowoc WI

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 12:11:02 AM »
That makes sense. I got mine right at 200K and it never seemed to move a ton of air but it did the job. Almost 300K and it gave up the ghost.
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 03:53:43 PM »
I believe that the thought that a fan from a blazer would work was proven to be incorrect.  I don't know of another fan that will drop in to replace the factory fan.  Maybe a new fan would work better than one with 300K on it?
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline DAVE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 10:32:10 AM »
this happened to me and I replaced with a generic replacement motor from the "zone" hardly moved any air. went to a junk yard used one, I am going to try a different motor supposed to have higher rpm, I want something to compare to modern car blower output. but also could be the duct doors are restricting due to improper adjustment

Offline mo.eagles

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 04:12:04 PM »
My 3rd wagon (Thing 2) did not move very much air . I finally pulled the fan out and found the air box full of rat nest. 
'85 wagon Limited   tilt wheel , cruise control
power seats ,windows and locks
rear window washer /wiper 
tach and gauge package
A/C
 '85 wagon   power windows and locks
rear window washer/wiper
factory tow package
A/C

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk