News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 03:11:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Name that Bracket!  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
Name that Bracket!
« on: January 31, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »
Ok, so I will admit up front my memory is not what it used to be...... sometimes I call my kids by the wrong names, but then again I have four!

I am getting ready to reinstall the new engine in my Eagle, hopefully this weekend!!

I took all these brackets off almost three years ago and they are like a puzzle to figure out how they all go, the pics in the TSM are too small and dark to identify them all, and I have compaired to my other AMC's but no luck on this one!!

Where does this little one go?

Here is the engine all painted and prettied up!

Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline TLC87Eagle

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: Name that Bracket!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 11:51:39 AM »
Looks like the A/C compressor brace, it bolts to the base, and to the top of the compressor as seen in this pic during my engine rebuild. If you need more help of where it goes, I can take pictures of my car and show where it bolts and whatnot.

BTW, looks like a pretty good build you have there, hope you get it back in service soon.
1987 Eagle Wagon Limited

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 12:22:46 PM »
Wow, that AMC engine blue colour sure is sweet!

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 02:22:10 PM »
YES!!! Thats it!! Thank you so much!!

I have been trying to figure that out for a week!!

Thanks also for the compliment on the engine color, I know Eagles of my year model he engine was black but I really like the AMC blue color

I had a gallon mixed at the local paint store in industrial paint like they use on machinery and compressors a long time ago and have painted several engines with it, and still have 3/4 of a gallon left!! I like it because I can just brush it on and its very slippery when it dries so its easy to clean later on.

thanks again, here is another pic of the other side, cant wait to see it between those fenders!!

Rob c
81 Eagle Kammback
Manchester, TN

Offline greymarooneightytwo

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:21:32 PM »
Good choice in color, looks almost exactly like mine, minus the 30 years worth of filth and grime!

(I've cleaned it up a bit but it doesn't quite have the glow that yours does, good job.)

I'm looking all around those pictures but don't see the valve cover anywhere, which one are you using?

Is that really this old engine?   ;D

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:27:35 PM by greymarooneightytwo »

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »
Yeah, the engine cleaned up nicely! Its all clean and new inside too!

Here is the valve cover I have, I put it on serveral years ago and replaced the plastic leaky one, I bought it from 4 wheel drive hardware I think, it was a long time ago, its very heavy duty and never leaked

I still have to clean it up some more and polish it before I put it on there for good

Rob c
81 Eagle Kammback
Manchester, TN

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 08:11:45 AM »
Amc1320, I see a Gremlin in the background in one of the pictures but don't see it listed in your signature line.  Do you still have it?
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 10:36:22 AM »
Yes, its a 74 Gremlin X, 232 manual trans, very solid little car

Its my Dads, we are restoring it as well, thats also his 67 Rambler Rouge Convertible you can just see behind the Gremmy

Its a family thing with us I suppose, genetic maybe?
Rob c
81 Eagle Kammback
Manchester, TN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk