News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:56:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle Hauling Monster - Wedge Truck/Ramp Hauler  (Read 4923 times)

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
Eagle Hauling Monster - Wedge Truck/Ramp Hauler
« on: April 26, 2016, 05:18:46 PM »
Friends, I'm selling one of my properties and I have a lot of steel to move.  I bought an old ramp hauler to accomplish this task and have loved it, but it's time for a new home.  Need to haul 3 birds at once, this is the ticket.  I have put a lot of time, sweat equity and cash money into this monster.  I'm offering it to my Den-friends 1st.  I would drive it coast to coast without a second thought.

Quick specs:  1989 F-350 Quad cab, extended frame, 7.3 IDI Diesel engine, 5 speed manual transmission, power windows and locks, 83,000 original miles, HUGE Ramsey winch.  Tow package, all new wiring, new power steering, new gear-box, new ignition, new injectors, new glow plugs, new batteries, new trailer brake control, new charging system, new slave cylinder, and a brand new clutch (going in as we speak) ...... LOTS more I'm sure.   Empty, in town, it gets about 12MPG, it loves to cruise on the highway, I never checked hwy MPG or loaded MPG.  I have towed a car on top w/ a loaded trailer behind.  I have another F-350 and I found I use this to pull trailers more than hauling single vehicles. 

I have comfortably seated 6 adults and a cooler on a 5 hour road trip in her.  It's a lot of fun to drive.  The top is diamond plated too so you can sit up there when parked.

PM me w/ any questions, If a Den member buys it or refers someone, I will donate $100 to help keep the site alive.

I’m pretty firm at $8500.  I have put about $12,000 into her in the past 18 months getting everything where I wanted/needed it for my move and I couldn’t have moved everything without it.  I will consider throwing in a project wagon (with a title of course)  ;)

"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Eagle Hauling Monster - Wedge Truck/Ramp Hauler
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:56:25 PM »
I think Eaglefreek was in the market for something like this  ;)
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 12:00:49 AM »
Where in the heck did, you get that idea?

Good luck with the sale. It's a unique rig. I wonder if Terry at the Rambler Ranch needs something like this
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 09:59:41 AM »

Good luck with the sale. It's a unique rig. I wonder if Terry at the Rambler Ranch needs something like this

I actually bought it like this and just added a few extra touches.  It was built to haul a race car.  It was definitely built right and thought out very well.  It's the best frame extension I have ever seen.  I used to see a lot of these in the early 80's, most were built in the 70's and prior.  Like everything else I own, I like odd stuff.  This fit the bill and served my moving needs.  I will continue to use it until someone else needs it and takes her away from me.  Having the 5 speed manual tranny really makes it easy to drive.  I had one w/ a 3 speed auto and it was terrible in town and under load and wouldn't go 50MPH.  This one will cruise 75mph all day long.
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 07:17:45 PM »

Just wanted to make sure you're still checking in here from time to time  :rotfl: :rotfl:
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk