News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 26, 2024, 05:23:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1981 Concord DL Two Door  (Read 23306 times)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
Re: 1981 Concord DL Two Door
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 05:55:42 PM »
Dean, you're still talking about the black concord shown above.  I thought you said that one was gonna become a parts car - Or was that Russ' old concord might become a parts car?

What have you been doing with the LT blue Concord?  Any progress with that one? 

I still think you should get that 2 door sport into the garage.  Or at least go out to the 'Lot' with about 4 cans of undercoating, and spray the underside before it rots sitting in that field.  I'd hate to see that one rot away.

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 02:54:11 PM »
Dean, you're still talking about the black concord shown above.  I thought you said that one was gonna become a parts car - Or was that Russ' old concord might become a parts car?

The black one discussed here may still become parts at some point in the future, or I'll sell it.  In the meantime I'd like to get some more use out of it, and also experiment with it bodywise to see how good it can be made to look.

As for the brown one, despite its ailments it's still too good to be a parts car.  It's a fixer-upper.

What have you been doing with the LT blue Concord?  Any progress with that one?

Haven't really touched it since December, when I removed the dash, replaced some things, and reinstalled the dash.

I still think you should get that 2 door sport into the garage.  Or at least go out to the 'Lot' with about 4 cans of undercoating, and spray the underside before it rots sitting in that field.  I'd hate to see that one rot away.

I don't want it to sit outside either, but I have no indoor storage options right now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:56:42 PM by El Matador »
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 03:16:55 PM »
Well since you want to practice fixing up the body on the black one, bring it down to Pat's someday.  He's got the sandblaster now, and it would make short work of that rust.

Now that it's above freezing (Thank The Lord!!!)  We can do blasting outside. 

Blast it, patch it, then cover with some paint, drive it home, and then do the sanding there at your leisure.   (if not Pat's, Keith also can sandblast)

As for the 2 door sport, at least give it some undercoating, or put some tarpaper under the car, to keep the moisture down.  If you want, buy the undercoating, loan me a jack, and I'll go out and do it.  I'd really hate to see that one rot.

Right now, there's no rot on that car.  let's keep it that way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk