News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Good Price on a Dana 44 Axle  (Read 11008 times)

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
Re: Good Price on a Dana 44 Axle
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 06:40:35 PM »

So to MontanaEagle I could be mistaken on my statement, best would be to check it out personally. On the passenser side of the axle tube is where it would be....Whether you should look to a different vehicle....It really depends on where you want you vehicle to end up (use wise).  The only way to be certain of what it has will be to look at it, many of these will have gear ratio tags attached to the diff cover too.

This makes my brain hurt.  In the end I want my Eagle to be a sweet mountain rig that won't get stuck in the 18 inch snowdrifts.  I don't use it for just around town much, but a little of that would be good too.

Maybe I'll have someone that knows about cars go look at it with me.  If I can't figure it out I'll drive her down to Mick in Casper and say "fix it so it's like yours"
x3 here.  I know I could put a solid axle in an eagle but mick has it down the a science
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk