News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:49:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NEW HATCHLING HERE  (Read 2405 times)

Offline JLund

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
NEW HATCHLING HERE
« on: March 30, 2017, 06:51:52 PM »
Hello from northern Idaho, I recently got a 1984 i6 4 door sedan for about the cost of 1500(paying in tattoo work). I love the car it has a few issues i have to work through and I know ill be making some post asking for help on the car specific cause my father knows the engine very good already cause it sits in his cj-7 he actually pulled it from an eagle. I know the guy that had it befor said that there was a vacuum issue he said he fixed it but he wasnt that good at it and i am going to have to go and clean all that up but what i can see of the car its mostly stock, but i hope to talk to more.

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: NEW HATCHLING HERE
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 07:52:32 PM »
Welcome to the brotherhood! Let's see some pics of this new ride! Sounds like a good start. Hope it doesn't turn into too big of a project!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline abzman

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 10:09:01 AM »
you're going to end up buried up to your ears in helpful information (and parts if you're lucky enough to need what some of us are holding on to).  Welcome, and please ask away!

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 11:38:52 AM »
Welcome!  Can't wait to see some pics!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »
hello and welcome. I just finished a full "restification" of my 84 4dr Sedan, took me about 3 years and bucketfuls of $$, so I'm happy to see another Sedan! A word of advice from an old guy, start SMALL, and learn as you go. If it's running, check/repair ALL brakes FIRST! A TSM (technical service manual) is an invaluable tool. Available on ebay, if you don't want to spring for the 84, a used 82 TSM is a good buy. good luck, gz

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 01:06:32 PM »
Welcome to the den. And have your first thumbs up.

Manitowoc WI

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk