News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:50:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Been a long time, my 83 Wagon resto-mod  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Eagle Kammback

• Kenosha Cadillac
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 32
    • Car Crazy Central profile
Been a long time, my 83 Wagon resto-mod
« on: January 27, 2017, 03:02:25 AM »
I really haven't been active on many AMC forums since the old Eagle Nest page was still active (I do miss that diamond plate background), I parked the Eagle in 2014 due to not having much of a floor left and moving to upstate NY for prototype (training for US Navy nuclear operators) and got myself a Cherokee. Well, I finally got Eloise in for repairs, because I'm not about to let 10 years go to waste, too many memories with that car, plus, gotta keep em flying.

Still going to be a while until she's back on the road, but I'll update this as things happen
The Cherokee I was in got totaled, so I'm trying to save the 4.0 to do a stroker build for her too.
MMN2 Burnett
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon Project
1979 AMX that will probably never run
1993 Jeep Cherokee (Rest in peace)

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Been a long time, my 83 Wagon resto-mod
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »
Welcome back and glad to hear you're going to be getting your Eagle back on the road....or in the sky lol.  Looking forward to seeing the progress!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 12:59:51 PM »
Welcome back EK

Manitowoc WI

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 03:19:15 PM »
Can't wait to see the stroker build unfold!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline Eagle Kammback

• Kenosha Cadillac
  • Thumbs Up 32
    • Car Crazy Central profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 11:43:21 PM »

Part one happened today. Not going to lie, chopping Elsa up hurt a lot, but a lot of her parts will live on in a friends Cherokee, and the engine in Eloise, the Eagle. This was my first time pulling an engine, though I had a ton of help from a guy from the BangShift forum. We stripped a bolt on the bellhousing, and he wants the transmission, so I will have to wait to get it back to my place, but the first part of the transplant is done.
Was also able to save the drivers seat, it smells, but I'm sure I can clean it up to turn into a computer chair.
MMN2 Burnett
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon Project
1979 AMX that will probably never run
1993 Jeep Cherokee (Rest in peace)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk