News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 23, 2024, 06:00:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: what sensor is this?  (Read 3481 times)

Offline masternull

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
what sensor is this?
« on: December 28, 2012, 09:52:06 PM »
anyone know what this sensor and missing connector are and what they're supposed to plug into ?

Offline ammachine390

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 42
Re: what sensor is this?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:56:44 PM »
It's an oxygen sensor, and they are only 1 wire. If the ECM has been bypassed then there's no need for it. Do you still have the the stock carter carb?
Dan
1981 AMC Concord DL 258 Auto

Click for Villa_Park, IL Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline masternull

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 01:31:50 PM »
nope did the gronk MC conversion.

but i'd like to keep everything as stock looking as possible on this build,

i cannot find a connection for it, do you know what wire loom the o2 sensor wire attaches to (over to the back of motor or to drivers side firewall)?

thanks

Offline masternull

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »
any idea of the color of that wire that goes to the o2 sensor, anyone got a pic?

i cannot find an extra wire with a empty connector... hmmm.
 ???

Offline greymarooneightytwo

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 04:19:15 AM »
Just wondering, has anyone here considered replacing the o2 sensor with a wideband and wiring in a standalone gauge?

I'd like a fuel/air ratio gauge, that would be neat.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 07:17:15 PM »
I did that for tuning, but just screwed the old sensor back in to plug the hole. The wire for it is in the feedback harness. If that crap was removed, then no wire will be found.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk