News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:40:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I'm pretty sure he knew what it was  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
I'm pretty sure he knew what it was
« on: June 15, 2012, 07:22:50 AM »
Yesterday I took the Eagle on a small road trip. At one point I notice a car pacing the Eagle on the left side at about 70mph. I look over and the guy is turned sideways in the driver seat with both hands off the wheel and filming with his Iphone! As soon as I acknowledged him with the nod I got a thumbs up and he sped off in the fast lane waving and giving another round or two of thumbs up.

Didn't get a chance to catch up and talk with the guy but judging by his actions I'd say he knew what my Eagle was ;D
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
Re: I'm pretty sure he knew what it was
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 07:55:50 AM »
Either that or he was a P.I. Hired by the wife/ex-wife/Gf/Ex-GF/etc and was following you  :banghead:

Ive seen a few snap a pic as they drove by me or while parked someplace. Most I talk to can remember when the last time they saw one on the road but not what its called.

Recently had transmission rebuilt and one of the owners told me the other owner of the shop saw my Eagle getting repaired and where did that car come from. The mechs at the shop told me it was one of the most unusual cars they've had in the shop in a LONG time. 
83 Eagle Wagon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk