News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:33:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: If the world doesn't go "poof"... where'll we hold the 2013 Int'l Meet?  (Read 11426 times)

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
Re: If the world doesn't go "poof"... where'll we hold the 2013 Int'l Meet?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 10:56:08 PM »
I wouldn't be able to make it that far myself. I will say that there are a couple places in the Ozarks of Missouri that I can get to and there seems to be a fair number of members Arkansas and  Missouri. Lake of the Ozarks or Table Rock Lake anyone?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:34:09 PM by SpreadEagle »
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »
I'd be happy just to get the Eagle Motel details.

I am in Colorado Springs, and I always seem to hear about any sort of meet after the fact.

Thanks, Derrick
I suppose it depends on how you look at this...the Eagle Motel event was last October, but it will be repeated in 2014.

For future reference this event is a 2-day affair, beginning with a cruise from the Rambler Ranch in Elizabeth, Colorado to the Eagle Motel in Manitou Springs, Colorado. We enjoy lunch along the way and a great dinner in a German restaurant in Colorado Springs, not far from the motel. There are other activities and also free time. My wife and I have done the event 3 times and have had a terrific experience each time.

For more information on the Rambler Ranch do a Google search. I can tell you the place is AWESOME!

Please see this thread http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=40087.0 for photos of the last event. :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 08:27:19 AM »
With the price of gas today and the somewhat poor MPG's that our Eagles get, it is not possible to have the "perfect" place for a meet for everyone. Some won't even drive a couple hours.  ;D Regional meets might be a better idea, but even then only a few show up. The girlfriend of a buddy of mine in CO, who is part owner of a campsite, expressed interest in having an Eagle meet at their campground. It's the Golden Eagle Campground in Colorado Springs. They have many acres out there and he said they may be able to put together a off road trail ride for the Eagles also.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:16:22 PM by eaglefreek »
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 09:04:49 PM »
With the price of gas today and the somewhat poor MPG's that are Eagles get, it is not possible to have the "perfect" place for a meet for everyone. Some won't even drive a couple hours.  ;D Regional meets might be a better idea, but even then only a few show up. The girlfriend of a buddy of mine in CO, who is part owner of a campsite, expressed interest in having an Eagle meet at their campground. It's the Golden Eagle Campground in Colorado Springs. They have many acres out there and he said they may be able to put together a off road trail ride for the Eagles also.

That sounds like a great idea for a meet, whether its a local, regional, or national one - especially since it incorporates the Eagle theme.  The AMCRC is planning its national meet in Lakewood CO August 15-17 and it will include a trip to the Rambler Ranch, so one option would be to hold it at the same time.  Of course, if the Golden Eagle trip becomes a reality at another time Terry might be able to accomodate a special tour of the Ranch for whoever attends.

Here is the link to the AMCRC web site

http://amcrc.com/meets/meets.htm
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:40:20 PM by vangremlin »
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline DGeagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 13
  • Forget the Whales, Save the Eagles!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 09:45:07 PM »
Our Hoosier AMC Club is hosting Amo Nationals in Auburn, IN in July 17-20. There is a bunch of events planned already and personally, I wouldn't mind helping to plan and head up an Eagle meet at some point during the weekend.  The auburn, cord, Duesenberg museum is the site for the banquet.  The area is very car friendly and I would love to see our Hoosier club plan something for us Nesters as well!
87 Eagle Sedan--86 Eagle Sedan--98 XJ 4.6 stroker--81 Concord--78 Pacer V-8--74 Gremlin V-8- 78 Concord AMX V-8--89 Grand Wagoneers--76 J-10--69,70,71 AMX--71,73 Javelin--70 Rebel Machine, 48 Packard, 47 Nash, Many other AMC's, Fords, and Mopars....
Too Many cars too little time!!

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 09:59:43 PM »
I am hoping to make auburn this year for sure, me my dad and my son, bringing three amcs hopefully, maybe I can get the eagle fixed by then and bring it, not sure

490 miles from here in tn

Rob
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk