News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:14:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My "New" 1980 Spirit AMX  (Read 21032 times)

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: My "New" 1980 Spirit AMX
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 12:21:42 PM »
I am thinking they were black to start with.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Budwisr

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2014, 03:44:24 PM »
I LOVE the purple and blue seats.  I don't suppose that was factory original eh?
I was a little unsure on those seats myself. I'm wondering if it's just a white balance issue with the camera... or possibly just some black seats that have faded a bit in the years of sun.
I am thinking they were black to start with.
Yep, you're all right . They are kind of "bluish" but the photo makes them look a little more purple then they really are. They are the "Caberfae" corduroy which are known to have faded quickly, but from the conditon of this car, it had to have sat outside during some point in it's life. (somewhat thin paint and some pitted chrome) Not sure if i'm going to redye them or leave them, as a lot of people seem to like the color and they don't look like they're faded as the color is very even.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:46:27 PM by Budwisr »
Bud
 1981 SX/4
 1983 SX/4
 1987 Wrangler
 1970 AMX
 1980 Spirit AMX

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2014, 04:37:53 PM »
It's the windshield tint giving it that purple color
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk