News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 12:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: is this a bad idea?  (Read 3967 times)

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
is this a bad idea?
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:19:33 AM »
i figure it maybe easier to ask rather than dig through all the posts..... has any one done a complete tear down and restore on an eagle? im considering tearing down my 85 sedan (as i need to go through the suspension and looks like maybe the fuel lines anyway.) to paint the frame and suspension. Is this a good idea? any input is welcome. :help:
mixed martial artist are like pit bulls. were highly trained and bred to protect our family, our property, and ourselves. But when someone rattles the cage and gets bit they aim to put us down like their stupidity is our fault. I am a cage fighter, does that mean i want to hurt you outside the cage? No. will i stand there and let you beat me because im trained to fight inside the cage? No. If you pick a fight i will defend my self, regardless of my training or your lack of. if you get hurt i may feel bad but in the end the fault is yours. If your to stupid not to start something you cant finish the i suggest you stay on the porch.

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
Re: is this a bad idea?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:07:52 PM »
I don't see why it wouldn't be a good idea.  Depends on how much you love your Eagle.  I know that I would love to restore my Eagles from scratch...if I had the money.
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:15:45 PM »
money is a big issue but just to tear it all down and repaint and do minor repair work is basically free..... as soon as i can get it on the lift ill post pics and see if anyone else thinks it may be a good idea.
mixed martial artist are like pit bulls. were highly trained and bred to protect our family, our property, and ourselves. But when someone rattles the cage and gets bit they aim to put us down like their stupidity is our fault. I am a cage fighter, does that mean i want to hurt you outside the cage? No. will i stand there and let you beat me because im trained to fight inside the cage? No. If you pick a fight i will defend my self, regardless of my training or your lack of. if you get hurt i may feel bad but in the end the fault is yours. If your to stupid not to start something you cant finish the i suggest you stay on the porch.

rohnk

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:17:45 PM »
I'm planning a "partial teardown" on my SX4. It will basically become a rolling chassis with the important stuff replaced and cleaned up. All interior will be cleaned and redone.

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 12:25:13 PM »
i plan on doing the interior also just to clean it and better inspect the floor. but im talking about taking the dog house loose of the frame to clean and paint the frame and inspect all my body mounts

Offline shaggimo

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »
http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=15595.0

This is priyas complete tear down and restore on her SX/4, hope you have a few hours, it's long and very detailed, excellent example of what it takes.  8)

I did a partial on the gf's sx/4, I removed/refurbished/replaced everything execpt the driveline, and steering, that will come in the next couple years though, lol.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 01:59:04 PM »
i scrolled through it she did a great job with hers! mine wont be quite a large job i hope! mainly just wanting to check the frame and paint it and make sure i dont have any hidden rust beds as im not finding much on the body yet. the amount found will make or break future plans for this car. either it will be a show car  :eagle: and kept stock or ill be building a mud bug dragster  >:D either way i like the car lol

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 02:17:49 PM »

here are the current pics will have more soon

Offline shaggimo

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
Looks good so far, really good, truth be told when you remove your plastic to see what's underneath.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »
it spent the last 5 years in a barn was supposedly garage kept and female driven before that only rust ive found so far is inside the driver side rear door about 1 inch of surface rust on the corner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk