Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I know this whole post wasn't for me but it sure has helped me. Thanks! I'm not new to amc but I am new to the 4x4 and eagles. I've had my concord for almost 30 years and don't think I ever changed tire size....
i have 215/75R15 tires on my 80 wagon and my stock size was 195/75R15 I have 3.08 gears and I have never noticed a difference in acceleration or response and I've had them on there since before I started replacing suspension parts. I have even gone up a slick snow and ice covered hill with those tires in two wheel drive and that was a good forty five degree angle and I had no trouble with the bigger tires. Oh and I've had my Eagle for just over eleven years.
Body Shop / Re: Left side mirror
« Last post by amarshall on Yesterday at 04:19:54 PM »
I think you are right, vangremlin.  The black ones look much better.  Those chrome ones belong on a big pickup truck.
Your Eagle(s) / Re: My new 81 Eagle
« Last post by JONAS78028 on Yesterday at 08:52:49 AM »
I couldn't figure out how to add a picture on these forums.
When creating or replying to a post... look down at the bottom.  Click on "Attachments and other options" and you can the add a picture.  The picture will need to be resized if it is bigger than 1024KB.
Body Shop / Re: Left side mirror
« Last post by vangremlin on Yesterday at 08:43:55 AM »
Just for posterity, the mirror area on the big honkin chrome ones was 5x8.  I looked up the black ones and they are 4-1/4 x 6-1/4 so much smaller.  I've got a set ordered already.

I think you'll still like these.  Still plenty big enough, and they don't flop around like the original Eagle ones once they get worn out.
I gotta say that my Eagle is accelerating, driving and stopping just as well with the new mud-terrains.
215/65R15 was the stock tire size on my Eagle.  The reason for going to a 215/75R15 equivlant (27x8.50-R15) is that there are no 215/65R15's available in a mud-terrain or even an all-terrain tire.   I have owned almost nothing but 4x4's for the last 35 years or so and I am very versed when it comes to gear selection versus tire size.   Thanks!
Your Eagle(s) / Re: My new 81 Eagle
« Last post by amcfool1 on Yesterday at 01:47:12 AM »
welcome! ask away, we are here to help. gz
hi, not to rain on anybodys parade, but... Eagles are very sensitive to tire size changes, most of the folks here who run non stock wheel/tire combos succsessfully , done the math, got the height correct, etc. There  were two "Stock", sizes for Eagles. the base 195/75-15. and the "Sport/Limited" size  215/65-15. If you go anywhere above this size, with a stock drivetrain, your eagle will be slower, less responsive, etc. Again, not to belabor the point, but an Eagle is NOT a Jeep!  An Eagle is a ROAD car!  I have been driving Eagles for over 20, yes TWENTY, years, maybe closer to 25, and I have never felt the need to go past the 215/65-15 size. An Eagle with this size tire and a good stock suspension will drive through 6" of snow without spinning a tire! We used to live at the bottom a hill, about a 30 degree slope, occassionally we have ice storms here in Virginia, the road becomes a sheet of ice, best stay home, no regular cars can move, even Jeeps, with all those big tires can;t get anywhere, but the Eagle, with it's "soft" style of all wheel drive, and regular All Season 215/65-15 tires motored right on up that hill, on ice, I am not exagerating, I am not making this up. I used that Eagle to get stuff from the grocery store for all our neighbors till the ice melted.
Point being, appreciate what you have first, before you decide to reengineer  the car. good luck, y'all, gz
Hey all!  I've been lurking on this forum for years- lots of helpful stuff, never needed to post much though!  I am moving out of the country and I'm so sad to have to sell my 1987 Eagle Wagon.  Runs great, standard quirks, needs a good home!  Here's the craigslist post:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1987-amc-eagle/6266314146.html
Your Eagle(s) / My new 81 Eagle
« Last post by EagleNewbie on August 20, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
I just got myself a new 1981 amc Eagle. She is a beauty. I found hr sitting in a junkyard about to be scrapped when I bought it. I'm planning to restore her and then some.
I'm a newbie to Eagles and appreciate any and all help people have.I couldn't figure out how to add a picture on these forums.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.862 seconds with 15 queries.