News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 11:26:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: mc2100/2150 vs weber  (Read 3314 times)

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
mc2100/2150 vs weber
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:42:55 PM »
Hi I have noticed that almost nobody here runs the weber conversion sold by clifford. Personally I have had a 2100 on my 82 sedan since 2001, and will probably do it again. What is wrong with the Weber?, and why don't Eagle people use them? Cost seems to be about similar. thanks gz

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: mc2100/2150 vs weber
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 03:20:00 AM »
Hi doesn't anyone here have an opinion on the Weber? Only reason I'm asking is because Larry at Clifford is trying to talk me into one! I probably won't get one, since I have 4 MC2100s in my shed, but still, it's intriguing.  Anyone....? thanks, gz

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 09:03:16 AM »
I haven't done either conversion but have thought about both in the past. From everything I read, the weber is easy to install and maintain but flows slightly less than the OEM Carter (better for MPG some point out). The motorcraft more flow and as some here point out a little more work is required to get it tuned to your car. My take has been its sort of like which tire is best, which oil/air filter is best. They all have similar qualities/performance so its all subjective after that. My carter is performing well so decided to hold off replacement until its time.
83 Eagle Wagon

Offline RobWinn

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 10:54:48 PM »
I just put a Weber 38 on mine and it works pretty well.  The whole conversion including the ECM Test bypass took about 3 hours and tuning a Weber is easy they are simple carbs that work well.  This is the second vehicle I have used one on and I will probably put one on the next "classic" car I buy.
1984 Wagon 258

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk