News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:37:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Have 4 maybe 5 Eagles for the sanctuary  (Read 72450 times)

Offline IRON HORSE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 47
Re: Have 4 maybe 5 Eagles for the sanctuary
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2011, 08:10:54 AM »
Hi All, :hello:

Here are the picts ... The camera flash had a limited range ... these were some of the better ones ( in order ).

Night Ops complete !!!           Iron Horse ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:12:58 AM by IRON HORSE »

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2011, 01:12:29 PM »
It took lots of hard work.  Thanks to all concerned for saving a few more Eagles.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »
I got some pictures today of the eagles in their temp nest .....LOTS of pictures, but I will only share a few ;D

The next stage of the game is to get up to where they are and move them to the "summer nest" and see what we can do to get a few back on the road.  Stay tuned for some eagles running and driving waiting to be adopted by some nest members
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

rohnk

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2011, 06:49:38 PM »
Can I call dibs on one of the blue wagons?!   ;D

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2011, 08:41:48 PM »
what is that silver car in the middle of the eagles because i think it might be afraid seeing as it's outnumbered by the eagles.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline DarthGremlin

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
Do I see TWO blue wagons?  Look kinda familiar...
Patrick        Palmyra, VA
1984 AMC Eagle Limited
2017 Jeep Renegade Altitude
1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic LTZ
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself"- Han Solo

Offline DarthGremlin

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2011, 09:13:08 PM »
Do I see TWO blue wagons?  Look kinda familiar...
Patrick        Palmyra, VA
1984 AMC Eagle Limited
2017 Jeep Renegade Altitude
1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic LTZ
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself"- Han Solo

Offline IRON HORSE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 47
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2011, 11:14:46 AM »
:hello:

Good to see that Sean and cars made it home OK .... if you want any history on them , let me know I'll tell ya what I know.

Iron Horse ;D

Offline SleepsUnderCars

• Eagle crazy
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 62
  • the last truckload of Eagles ?
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2011, 12:38:20 PM »
the silver car in the middle is a nissan altima, there's also a pontiac grand am beside it you can just barely see...its a very limited time parking spot, just 'til I get my 1-car unit back together.  Only a week or 2.....

these 2 are parts donors

after loading the cars, (BIG THANKS TO MR. & MRS. IRONHORSE FOR ALL THE HELP !) in keeping with the " fly-by-night" nature of the trip, I drove all night long back to OH, arriving just before 7am. I spent the rest of the day sleeping and seeing my family.
The next morning was pretty rushed, 2 of my sons and myself yanked them off and drug them up into the field. I apologize for not getting any pics of the unload, but I had to leave for work. I did a quick walkaround of each one, but have not really looked at them.

when I move them I will get more pics.
IRONHORSE, I would love any history on the cars. Thanks again for the help!

'81 AMC EAGLE KAMMBACK rustbucket - off road only
'84 AMC EAGLE SEDAN
'68 Rambler Rogue 
'88 Dodge Ramcharger 
'07 Chrysler Pacifica (family hauler)
'80 AMC Spirit   ** FOR SALE **
'85 EAGLE WAGON sport   -bad frame future project

Offline IRON HORSE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 47
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2011, 06:21:04 PM »
:hello:

1980 sedan ( PARTS ).. salvage title, was a Penna car ... Looking back thru the Eagle logs, I bought that car for $500.00 in Dec 1994. The engine ran prefect and I used it to get down my driveway after a snow. I did notice some trans fluid in the snow last time I used it .. YEARS ago .. so I would check trans fluid if you're going to start / run it. I suspect it is only the seal at the torque converter neck. Engine should be fine but I would prep it first ( remove plugs squirt some mystery oil in each hole.. wait an hour and then crank it over ) replace plugs and see if it starts.      I forgot to mention both rear axles are welded into the hubs and NO rear brakes at all.. nothing there !!

1981 wagon woody with no bumper ( PARTS ).. had a salvage title was one of three that sat at a used car dealer but never sold ... I bought them all. It was in running condition until I needed parts from it for another member. And a friend of mine with a jeep took the air cond stuff off to use as his onboard air compressor ( for his jeep ). I took the R/H rear axle after I broke one.         That side rear axle is welded into the hub wouldn't drive on it .. brake line I think is off on that side....

1983 or 4 ?? wagon blue with the gray hood.. I bought off "ebay" from a local person.. Tried to start .. it seemed the starter was dragging .. never got back to it.  I noticed it showed evidence of an engine fire .. painted firewall and melted R/H front fender liner. Not much history to tell on this one.

1984 blue with guage pkg ... I bought this one in Dec. 1992 for $400.00 with 106,500 miles on it. It had a bad rear differential but was nicer that the '85 I was driving. This one sat in the barn until Oct 1993 when the '85 Eagle I was driving caught on fire ... so I replaced the differential in the '84 and drove it .... Finally the trans went out .. nothing major .. I suspect the front clutch pack just wore out from so many miles... It was a great car and may be again ....  Engine still ran fine, and would prep before trying to start it.

1985 wagon woody .. was one of the three at the used car lot that I picked up, and was in running condition. The car sat close to the roadway and someone ran off the road and hit the front pass side then drove away. I never tried to start this one, but I know it did run. The used car lot had replaced the transmission with a used one before he put it out for sale, so trans should be good. I had removed the R/H rear leaf spring for my driver. I replaced it with another BUT the "U" bolts are missing ... axle is band clamped to the spring.

Well that's about it ... when you fix 'em up .. I sure would like to see picts.

Regards, Iron Horse ;D  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:11:39 PM by IRON HORSE »

Offline SleepsUnderCars

• Eagle crazy
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 62
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »
great! Thanks again! I have a spare transmission so I know which one will be tinkered with first....after I get them home. Hopefully this weekend after I fix the dodge......and figure out how to hide them from my wife, lol.
'84 AMC EAGLE SEDAN
'68 Rambler Rogue 
'88 Dodge Ramcharger 

Offline SleepsUnderCars

• Eagle crazy
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 62
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2011, 05:31:58 PM »
well, I finally got them all to their summer home....4 are out back hanging with my sport wagon and kammback, while the 5th is in front of the garage waiting to be worked on.

my son and I worked most of the day to accomplish this task, pulling them onto the trailer with his eagle sedan and pulling them back off with my kammback.
as progress is made more posts will follow......stay tuned.....
'84 AMC EAGLE SEDAN
'68 Rambler Rogue 
'88 Dodge Ramcharger 

Offline IRON HORSE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 47
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2014, 10:15:44 AM »
Hello, 

Well it has been several years now since the five Eagles were taken to their new home at the sanctuary. I haven't seen any further message traffic about what ever was done with the cars, wondering if anyone benefitted from the donation ?????

IRON HORSE

Offline IRON HORSE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 47
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2014, 05:01:27 PM »
   Hello All, 

This is disturbing to me .. I donated 5 Eagles to the " sanctuary" for the benefit of Eagle owners that may need some parts ..  "nothing wasted" is what I was led to believe.  Seems like the Eagles just got moved from one yard to another ..  you all had me believing there was actually a "sanctuary". If anyone has benefited form the donation, I would like to hear it.

IRON HORSE  :-\

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2014, 11:15:08 AM »
I'm a little confused as to where these cars were taken, whether they ended up with thereverendbill or sleepsundercars.  Bill is still active on the site but sleepsundercars hasn't visited in two years.  I'll see if I can drop him an email to find out the fate of the cars.  Thanks.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk