News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 03:49:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 64 Comet Caliente  (Read 3204 times)

Offline mercman64

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
64 Comet Caliente
« on: January 07, 2016, 03:00:54 PM »
Had somebody asking about my other project in another post so figured I would just show the album here

Its a 64 Mercury Comet Caliente that my father bought for me when i was 15
currently been doing some restoration and upgrades on her that include brake rebuild, rack and pinion conversion, full new rewire, 289 hipo exhaust (remanufactured copies of the 65 shelby mustang manifolds and side exit exhaust with h pipe) hurst floor shifter (the column shift got so loose on me she almost ran through the back of the garage when i was adjusting the timing and she fell into reverse) and pretty much making the under hood look brand new.

The pictures are a mess and in no particular order but if you are interested in the project check out the album
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo305/kakakevin/the%20comet/IMG_2093.jpg
82 Eagle 4 door Sedan
94 F150 4x4 4.9L
09 mini cooper s (turbo 6 speed)
64 mercury comet caliente

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: 64 Comet Caliente
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 03:09:20 PM »
Thanks for posting the pictures - very cool car.  I love those old Mercury's because they had so much chrome on them!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline mercman64

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: 64 Comet Caliente
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 03:11:29 PM »
you arent joking.   my only saving grace on this car is that I have all of the chrome.   Only thing missing is one of the "C" emblems on the quarter panel.   lost it when i trailered her to los angeles from new mexico.   Im still trying to find one that some goober on a certain internet auction site doesnt want 40+ bucks for
82 Eagle 4 door Sedan
94 F150 4x4 4.9L
09 mini cooper s (turbo 6 speed)
64 mercury comet caliente

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk