News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:41:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Introducing the K-feagle (Extremly picture heavy)  (Read 5937 times)

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
Introducing the K-feagle (Extremly picture heavy)
« on: June 02, 2011, 01:26:20 AM »
So I don’t believe this has ever been done before but my friend Joe, Anthony and myself have been working on a project I was going to try and keep it under wraps but I can’t wait any longer. We stripped a 1988 k5 blazer down to the frame painted it. Then took a 1981 amc eagle wagon 4 door with the 6 cylinder automatic. Ripped the interior, drive train and axle’s out. Put the body up in my garage and we are now making a mudd car with a 350 ci. 700 r4 tranny and 3.73 in the rears the car is currently seated on the frame via two rigid body mounts. We are awaiting metal to finish the other four. The steering has been a serious issue we have yet to tackle, But we figure it out. Also running new fuel lines and brake lines. I originally purchased this 81 eagle intending to lift and mod the engine and drive train. Unfortunately the body and frame rails were in worse shape than I thought. Considering the expense and work entailed in correcting this problem we decided it would be better to start from the drawing board. Working 2 jobs doesn’t give me a lot of time down at the garage so bare with me as the project unfolds

And now without further ado

The K-Feagle

ahh the beginning Pulling the K5 Body off

Rolling the Frame into the Garage

Time to DW do work

And boy did we have work ahead of us

Pulling the old intake off was pretty simple

So we started on the interior of the eagle

How do we get the motor and drive train out without a hoist?

Dangerously

At this time I was basically sleeping at the garage

After removing all the unnecessary Off the frame it was painted

Then it was time to put the eagle up and prep her to sit on her new frame Yes that is cinder block and I beam Holding that bird up, We have done dumber things but I can't remember when

My friend Joe welding the Heck out of the front mounts

He loves that Jump suit considering it was 7 degrees outside

A little fuel for the fire

The rear body mount

The first touchdown on her new legs

The First Roll out

We Picked a decent day to roll her out, there is still plenty of work ahead but I figured I would give you guys a taste.........

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:32:58 AM by 85AmCfreak »
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
Re: Introducing the K-feagle (Extremly picture heavy)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 08:55:28 AM »
 :occasion14: Love the photos,now I feel better about removing my trans .
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 07:40:32 PM »
I wouldn't suggest the cinder blocks unless you have alot of life insurance LOL
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

A-A EAGLE

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 04:27:40 AM »
I like it! Egg to you.

Anjo
Holland

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »
Thanks guys its a work in progress LOL but coming along little by little

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 07:07:19 PM »
:o OMG! Talk about a drunken redneck backyard project! ;D Just two things - one, PLEASE tell me you're putting bigger tires on there! O_O Two - got it running/driving yet? ;D That's the awesomeest, ugliest thing I've ever seen in the Eagle world - keep up the good work! :occasion14:

Thanks alot LOL I know the tires are sort of small but to be honest I like it in a sick weird way but we will prob go bigger, No she isn't running yet I don't really have alot of time working the 2 jobs but I get down there as much as I can. The distributor is in, the carb is on starter wiring is all done (new starter) ignition coil wire and plug wire's are done. its sad but all I am waiting on is a battery and she should fire over. Still working on steering also brakes are an issue.

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 12:00:30 AM »
LOL she is deff going to need armor but that is a little far into the future. But gladly open to suggestions.

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 08:01:58 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions we relatively wheel in the woods lots of mud and trees but I Don't really want to slap all that crap on the side of the car (like an outer cage and what not) but a front brush guard and rocker plates I am deff doing

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk