The Mighty 258 > Fuel Systems.

SolVac for all Eagles?

(1/2) > >>

krimmth:
Hi,

Currently I try to solve some issues with the carb (258 engine)
I saw that my eagle has no SolVac installed, I believe it is a 83 or 84 Canadian produced version for the European market.

Is it possible that there is no SolVac installed in my eagle but only an electric one?
I found no vaccum connection and no loose vaccum line around the carb.

Thanks

Taylor:
hope this helps.
https://amceaglesden.com/guide/1J_-_Fuel_Systems

krimmth:
Thank you!

According the documentation I am sure my Eagle has a BBD carb.
Now I need to find out why I have only a Solenoid with a wire and not a combined one with electrical and vaccum push.

MIPS:
Up against the firewall around the diagnostic connector and the wiper motor is there a 4-pin Packard 56 connector just hanging there?
The vacuum side of the Sol-vac provided additional idle RPM over the solenoid kick for things like hot starting and raising the ported vacuum high enough for the canister purge valve to open. I suspect someone deleted the vacuum portion to delete hoses and modified in just a solenoid so that you still had idle kick for the AC/lights/defroster.

krimmth:
Thank you for the hint! I found several disconnected vacuum lines. After reconnection the engine runs a bit smoother. However I am not sure if somebody has removed something. The old boy has still a lot of vacuum lines.
I still have an issue with the idle. At starting to low, after the engine has operation temperature it is getting to high.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version