News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:05:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My eagle bucket list.  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Badvibes258

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
My eagle bucket list.
« on: January 25, 2023, 10:23:37 PM »
I was a member on the previous forum and had a previous idea of what I wanted for My sx4.

Over the last 20+ years I have sat on this poor car. I want it RIGHT. Not right now.

And many ideas changed due to issues.
Which resulted in new issues.

I wanted a v8. Then a 4bt Cummins.

Both added insane complexity.

Now I see guys building turbo 4.7 strokers on youtube making 500+ hp before methanol injection.

Then recently I get word that Stellantis is building the 3 liter twin turbo hurricane. An engine that could knock bmw's sausage in the dirt. 

Remember we are talking supercar levels of power. (Not hypercar)

Even with brick aerodynamics, we are looking at 182 mph with 3.73 final gears with the widely used and available zf8hp. With a 5:1 first gear and .64:1 8th and highly programmable shift system, the potential exists.

So here is My "mod" wish list.

Kevlar/carbon fiber composite fenders, hood, doors, hatch.

Lexan M windows all around.

(Making the eagle lighter and slightly more durable.)

Then, I am reworking the grill/bumper upfront.

Raising the bumper (deleting the marker/turn signals)
Narrow the bumper height to 1 inch steel tube.
And bring the valance forward 6 to 8 inches (1 or 2 inches forward of the hood)
Using some aftermarket kenworth headlights (single 4x12+ headlights with integrated turn signals/running lights)

While I will be narrowing the grill area, it will open air intake through the valance.

Dakota 3.73 front and rear differentials and transfer case (or zf8hp70 equivalent?) Or awd transfer (will wait to see what stellantis puts out.)

I want to remold the tail lights for modern style leds and transparent smoked lenses.

The rear bumper will get a carbon fiber/kevlar update as well. But very little change there.

The 2 rear side lenses will get lighting and functionality as well.

I may have the lenses 3d scanned and print new ones and have them Lazer engraved.

The actual grill will be honeycomb and Inset in line with the headlights.

With lighter doors I am swapping out the door handles to 1992 Honda handles.

Louvering the hood.

Upgrading the interior.

I will add intellitronix gauges (GPS speedometer specifically)
And dakota digital hvac system.

Recreating the dash. And adding other modern amenities.

I am told control freak is building a coil over suspension for the eagles. I would like more input on that please?

Creating a slightly modern javelin amx profile.

Okay got photo hosting set up.

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjApADh
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 11:04:36 PM by Badvibes258 »

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk