News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 14, 2024, 05:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Junkyard sway bar upgrade?  (Read 2328 times)

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
Junkyard sway bar upgrade?
« on: May 12, 2012, 05:14:47 AM »
Is there a Jeep that shares the same sway bar as the eagle? I went to the junkyard this week and pulled a sway bar from a ZJ Because someone said it would fit. Guess what it doesn't so I am looking for anyone who knows of a crossover for a sway bar that fits the eagle.
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Junkyard sway bar upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 10:44:06 AM »
For the rear, probably XJ Cherokee since they use basically the same axle and frame width.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

rohnk

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 02:13:51 PM »
I thought I read someplace that the Javelin and AMX sway bars are a match for the Eagle. I don't know that first hand though.

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 07:56:00 PM »
I Looking for the front sway bar not the rear, Does anyone know if the Cherokee sway bar will fit?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:44:30 AM by 85AmCfreak »
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk