News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 12:19:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NOS Hatch hinges: Good news/Bad news  (Read 2788 times)

Offline johnbendik

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 20
NOS Hatch hinges: Good news/Bad news
« on: June 07, 2016, 01:51:31 PM »
The good news is that NOS hinges are now available from Blaser Auto Nash Rambler AMC (blaserauto.com or 309-764-3571).

The bad news is that they are about $185 each.

At that price I'm going to try to fix the ones I have.  On mine, the hatch side bolt holes are wallowed out such that I can't get the bolts to fully tighten down.  I'm going to try to plug some JB Weld in there and re-tap them.  Jb Weld is probably at least as strong as the original pot metal.

JB
1984 Eagle Sportwagon
258 - 6 cyl
5-speed !

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
Re: NOS Hatch hinges: Good news/Bad news
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 06:49:23 PM »
I think the old Concorde hatch hinges are the same.
Mine broke years ago, still haven't found replacements. I did hear about a old car lot south of Culpeper VA that is suppose to have a bunch of old AMCs. I was planning to go in a couple weeks. IF the have them I was thinking of picking up several pair.
However I wonder if they have the same defect the Eagle hinges have.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk