News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 09, 2024, 08:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Just noticed that. Last time I checked, which was years ago, I didn't find any and so assumed they still weren't available. Just bought one.
You'll have to get a hose shop to just replace the rubber part of the hose while reusing your old metal ends.   Very common procedure - I'd hope there is a shop around somewhere that can do it for you.   I use a shop in Austin for mine.

There are 3 different hoses listed in the parts book, depending on if factory or American Air; and which ends are on the hoses.

Just find a place to re-hose your old one.

So today I tried adding Red Tek 12a to my A/C system. Long story short as soon as the compressor kicked on I got a face full of refrigerant because there is a cut in the AC hose from the compressor to the condenser.

I looked on RockAuto but can't see the line. How do I get a replacement line? Does anyone have a part # ? I am in Canada so would prefer a source here to buy from. If I have a part # that could help me track a part down.

Worst case I'm thinking I can go to a local AC shop and see if they have some ideas....

Thanks
I also got a set of the RareParts ball joints. I decided that they just used a Moog upper joint (# k3082) with a pressed on sleeve to adapt it to the larger bore of the lower ball joint. It is the same taper just bigger. Along with the adapter plate. If you could make an adapter plate and find the correct taper adapter it could be cheap to replace the lower ball joints.
A quick check says there are quite a few suppliers of the high-pressure hose. Without checking RockAuto I'm sure they have one too.

Edited: I checked anyways and yes the high pressure and low pressure hoses are still available.
I have an 87 Eagle with a burst power steering pump hydraulic fluid hose. Are these available anywhere?
Inside Your Eagle / Re: SX/4 and Spirit Front Seat
« Last post by AMC of Houston on May 07, 2024, 04:59:56 PM »
Hmmmmm.  I wonder if he was comparing pre-1981 Spirit seat frames; which do carry a different part number than the Eagle seat frames.
« Last post by amcfool1 on May 06, 2024, 11:33:27 PM »
hi, check out the AMCForum, in the BODY section, a sticky on Spirit/SX4 seats
« Last post by AMC of Houston on May 06, 2024, 12:52:19 PM »
The parts books don't support that theory -- as there are different part numbers for the seat frames between the Eagle and Corndog models.   But that doesn't mean it won't work.   The different numbers may be due to some other differentiation in the frames other than the track attachment location.   
« Last post by 89 MJ on May 05, 2024, 09:52:56 PM »
What year Spirit seats are you looking at?   The parts books say that the '81-up seats are the same EXCEPT for the inner seat tracks.   So if you swap the inner tracks from the old seats to the new ones, they should work.
That’s interesting. Not to hijack, but it’s it the same case with concords and 30 series Eagles?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk