News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 04:42:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tail light bulb  (Read 3744 times)

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Tail light bulb
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:29:26 PM »
I've got a tail light bulb out on the passenger side of my 84 wagon. How and where do I gain access to the bulb? It looks like I have to pull out an interior panel? Can't be right...Are the light sockets still available for the tail light bulbs? Something tells me the socket is bad and not the bulb.

Thanks!
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
Re: Tail light bulb
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:49:26 PM »
To access the bulbs of the taillight, you remove the rear paneling right under where the hatch closes.  There are like 5 screws that hold on each piece of the paneling on each side.  Once you have that off, you will be able to see all of your light bulb sockets and you can turn them out of the taillight there to replace them.
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 08:55:20 PM »
To access the bulbs of the taillight, you remove the rear paneling right under where the hatch closes.  There are like 5 screws that hold on each piece of the paneling on each side.  Once you have that off, you will be able to see all of your light bulb sockets and you can turn them out of the taillight there to replace them.

That's what I was thinking but it seemed too easy...LOL

Thanks!
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »
Thanks!

Hey, your welcome.  Stuff like that is my specialty lol  ;D
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk