News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 03:58:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Father and Son 1983 SX/4 Project  (Read 44688 times)

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: Father and Son 1983 SX/4 Project
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2016, 10:37:04 AM »
Great work! Does your son every get on the forums? Once you hand it over to him you'll have to keep us updated on the car if he doesn't come around here ever.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline kevindpm61

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2016, 04:03:51 PM »
I have this sneeking suspicion that I will probably "inherit" the Eagle sometime in the future. My son hasn't posted anything on this forum and I have a feeling that a 34 year old car isn't going to be what he expected. Time will tell. Either way, I will post back on the forum as to the progress of the car.
Follow my son's 1983 AMC SX/4 project

http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45519.0

Offline ChickenFarmer3

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Fly like an Eagle!!
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2017, 01:57:48 AM »
Awesome read...  If you guys lose interest let me know...  I;m looking for a sx4.

Offline 86Woodgrain

• Administrator
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2020, 08:52:01 PM »
I worked on getting the shifter bezel cleaned up tonight. Sanded down some gouges on the base and used white rouge on the buffer to polish it up. I purchased a new rubber "gasket" to seal off the shift lever..
Hi, what is the part number for the gasket/seal for the shifter? I need a new one and I've found a few different ones for 70's/80's Mustangs but don't know which one exactly will fit. Thx.

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2020, 11:57:52 AM »

Hi, what is the part number for the gasket/seal for the shifter? I need a new one and I've found a few different ones for 70's/80's Mustangs but don't know which one exactly will fit. Thx.

You may want to send him a direct message or email, he hasn't logged into the Eaglesden in over two years so he is not likely to see your request.  Good luck!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline 86Woodgrain

• Administrator
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2020, 09:05:30 PM »

You may want to send him a direct message or email, he hasn't logged into the Eaglesden in over two years so he is not likely to see your request.  Good luck!
I sent him an email. Then discovered that it appears that part # D1FZ7351 or D1FZ-7351 will fit. The reason I say that is here is the complete bezel:
https://restorationpartssource.com/store/automatic-shifter-selector-bezel-with-dial-1974-1978-mustang-all-classic-parts-details.html
and here is the corresponding rubber seal:
https://restorationpartssource.com/store/automatic-transmission-shifter-seal-1974-78-mustang-daniel-carpenter-details.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk