News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 18, 2024, 07:04:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Priya's SX/4 project  (Read 339357 times)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
Re: Priya's SX/4 project
« Reply #660 on: August 03, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »
or a video of her finished...

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #661 on: August 03, 2012, 08:36:34 PM »
or a video of her finished...

That would require washing it again and I'm lazy and it keeps raining every few days and getting it muddy again.

I'll see what I can do.

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2012, 12:02:25 AM »
Here are the additional pictures I promised.  I had hoped to do a little better but they didn't come out too bad so I thought I'd post them anyway.  I wanted to wait for a slightly overcast day to take pictures of the interior so that it would be evenly and brightly lit without the sharp shadows a sunny day would show.  I had a couple of days like that but I was feeling too frazzled to clean the interior so I waited until today when it was supposed to be partially cloudy.  It wasn't but after the sun dipped behind some trees I thought the lighting might be okay so I gave it a whirl:

For the exterior pictures I wanted a sunny day with a nice background.  These would have been better if behind me had been a blank wall or empty sky as the trees behind me created undesirable reflections in the paint but once again they aren't too terribly bad:

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #663 on: August 19, 2012, 12:36:55 PM »
Thanks for posting those, I've been wanting to see it in it's full glory for a while now. 

If you're ever out driving, and you see either someone in a beat-up beige eagle wagon, or a dark bronze Subaru Legacy honking at you like crazy, that's me.

We got thru Sask. once in a while, just so you know.

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #664 on: August 19, 2012, 05:36:48 PM »
Thanks for posting those, I've been wanting to see it in it's full glory for a while now. 

If you're ever out driving, and you see either someone in a beat-up beige eagle wagon, or a dark bronze Subaru Legacy honking at you like crazy, that's me.

We got thru Sask. once in a while, just so you know.

I'll keep an eye out for you.   ;)

Prafeston

« Reply #665 on: August 20, 2012, 12:41:00 AM »
That thing looks great Priya. Don't be ashamed to show it in any and all lighting/background conditions!

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #666 on: August 20, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »
Stellar  :occasion14:
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #667 on: August 20, 2012, 12:23:13 PM »
That thing looks great Priya. Don't be ashamed to show it in any and all lighting/background conditions!

Thanks Prafeston.  I actually studied this picture of yours to figure out how to do mine because I thought you took one of the best Eagle pictures I've seen.

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #668 on: August 20, 2012, 12:32:17 PM »
Stellar  :occasion14:

Thanks Shaggimo.  I'm surprised by how much attention it gets.  When I was taking the pictures there was a lot of people walking by and they were saying "Wow, nice car",  "She's beautiful!".  "Is it for sale?",  "What kind of car is that?" and so on.   A couple of guys speaking a language I didn't recognize walked up to it and were all "Bzzz,  bzzz, bzzz" and then they carefully looked over the interior and exterior.  The other day I was returning home and some guy followed me and pulled up behind me when I got to the house and asked if he could take pictures, said he had a number of 79/80 Spirits including an AMX and asked me all about it.  Another day I glanced outside and saw someone walking by pull out a camera and start taking pictures.  I'm just thrilled to pieces having this thing running and being able to drive it, it feels sooooo good!  I actually like it more than my Corvette and unlike with the Corvette I feel great pride in having done it myself rather than having simply bought it this way.

Prafeston

« Reply #669 on: August 20, 2012, 12:48:36 PM »
Awesome Priya! Glad you liked my photos. I really liked some of the ones I took of ol' TQ. I do photography as a hobby so I kind of pride myself in my photographs.

This is still one of my favorites!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:03:42 PM by Prafeston »

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #670 on: August 20, 2012, 08:42:14 PM »
Thanks pryia looks awesome

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #671 on: August 20, 2012, 10:20:22 PM »
Thank you, Hawk258.

Alcology

« Reply #672 on: August 24, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »
hummanahummanahummanahummana..wow!  Looks great!  You must be one proud mama of that baby bird. 

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #673 on: August 25, 2012, 02:00:10 AM »
hummanahummanahummanahummana..wow!  Looks great!  You must be one proud mama of that baby bird. 

Yes, I'm so very proud of having finally accomplished this.   Words can't describe how tickled pink I am to be driving this now.  I'm just so totally thrilled every time I take it anywhere, it feels like it was made just for me and in a way it was.  I've never owned a new car but I think owning this must be how it feels to buy a new car.
 ;D

Offline unpossible

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #674 on: August 27, 2012, 10:41:08 AM »
I sat down and read this whole thing from post one yesterday. So impressed! Did you learn any lessons from this that you'll apply to future projects? Have any advice for us newbies getting started on our own projects?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk