News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:57:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1981 AMC Eagle SX4 Project  (Read 4089 times)

Offline dleberfinger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
1981 AMC Eagle SX4 Project
« on: July 22, 2014, 10:59:08 AM »
As sad as it makes me to do this, I am looking to sell my Eagle. I have too many projects and I simply can't afford to keep this one around. Without adequate space, my poor Eagle has been stuck outside for far too long and I would rather see it gone and in someone else's garage rather than rusting in my driveway.

My plan for this Eagle was to fix all the rust, put a Jeep 4.0 into it along with an AX15 and NP242. That being said, I have collected all the necessary parts. The only remaining piece is the front seats and the wiring. As the Eagle sits, it is all taken about and rust repair was started. The inside was gutted aside from the dash and rear set back. Half of the rust has been fixed already. The rust is relatively small and only occupies the underside of the rockers.

Included in the sale with the Eagle:
1993 Jeep 4.0, with about 140k on it, ran great before I pulled it. (The engine has been cleaned, power washed, already has the Eagle oil pan installed, and has the renix era exhaust that clears the front diff on it)
AX15 Transmission
NP242
NP119 (Original to this Eagle)
Brand new Eagle radiator
4.2 Wiring harness
4.0 Wiring harness (This is not complete and was only bought for the connectors)
Brand new, still in box front carpet
Two sets of new brake parts for front and rear
Brand new brake lines
Good set of all terrain tires, excellent amount of tread
Electric mirrors are included

A lot of other goodies are included as well.

Right now I am taking offers on the lot. I may just separate this all and sell the individual pieces, however this is almost everything someone needs to have a fully functional Eagle.

As it sits now. The hood is on it however and the bare metal you see in the photo is covered with paint so as to slow any rust. The discoloration on the door is plasti dip that was never completely peeled off.

Located in Pennsylvania.

Offline WhitelakeEagle

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • 87 AMC Eagle wagon- in progress of restoration
Re: 1981 AMC Eagle SX4 Project
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 03:27:59 PM »
How much would you be asking for the car?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk